5 - spontaneity

Drunk Josephine Langford

Growing up, I had never thought I'd even consider something like a 'fling'. I always thought that those things weren't meant for me, or for anyone per se. That those things ruin us. But ever since I got here, two days ago-- especially since when I learned about Kiara and Chris' thing, I can't stop thinking about experiencing something like that myself.

There's no scope for me to go in a relationship whatsoever, not at this point in my life. But I am feeling a little nervy here-- and I want to grasp and explore this side of me before I turn into being that boring studious regular Jo.

Plus him being casually around, making my desire grow, isn't helping at all.

Maybe it's the alcohol in me speaking, but I might just consider it. Or not. Fuck me and my jumbled thoughts.

"Can I talk to you for a sec?" I grab ahold of my best friend's arm, parting her from the living area and cornering her to the kitchen.

"Sure, what's going on?" she asks, clueless and curious from the alacrity I might show.

"I just, I needed to ask you something. Will you be honest?"

"Course, Jo. What is it?" grabbing herself a stool, she sits down and crosses her leg over the other, patiently waiting for me to speak.

"I- I know about you and Chris" I whisper, as low as possible to make sure only she could hear, and she looks taken back as a surprised chuckle escapes her mouth.

"Okay, FT couldn't keep it in, huh?" she darts a glance at where Hero and Chris sit, watching football with beer cans in each's hand. "I know you might be upset that I didn't tell you before--"

"No no that's fine" I cut her off, waving my hand in the air and diverting the conversation back to the point. "I have a few questions" I pull a stool too and seat myself, preparing to get all my doubts cleared from the person I trust the most.

"Okay..." she laughs, "Should I be nervous?"

"No, just shh. Let me talk first" I clear my throat, tucking my hair behind my ear as I gulp down the awful aftertaste of that wine I seem to have consumed a lot.

"Is it awkward?" I begin with the question that has bugged me more than the rest.

"Not really. I mean it's Chris..."

"The first time when you guys did it? Was it awkward then?"

"No, not so much. We both were too ridden you know? It was a spur of the moment and alcohol. Too much alcohol." she shakes her head as a puff of air leaves her mouth.

Too much alcohol- Noted.

"Okay, next question: Is it weird that he sees you completely naked and then you get back to acting like nothing is wrong?"

"Um, that's a toughie. It was weird at first as the image kept replaying in our minds, but then again, we started getting used to it" she shrugs her shoulders while taking a sip from the straw attached to her drink.

"Right, Next--"

"Wait. Why are you asking me all this...?" she asks and her eyes are soon to travel across the room to Hero, and her head slowly turns back to me with an awestruck face on her look as she seems to have put two and two together. "Oh my god Jo--"

"Shhhhh. I'm just curious. It's not what you think" I scoff, dumping my feelings in the back of my brain as they start to rise up and I'm nearly about to spill it out to her.

"The fuck? Is it not what I think it is?" her eyebrow cocks at me as a smirk is smeared on her face.

"No, what? no" I scoff again, trying my best to look and sound convincing to her, but I know she might catch up anyways, she knows me too well.