21 - forced denial

Josephine Langford

The vibration and ear-pricking sound of my phone snap me out of my sleep, and I reach out for it with my arm stretched out to the side table. Strangely unable to open my eyes, I answer bringing it to my ear, when I realize that my throat is all groggy and itchy from last night.

"Hello?" clearing my throat, I eagerly wait for the other person to answer while my heavy eyes refuse to budge.

"Josephine Langford, get your ass up from that bed" Daxton's voice invades my ear, and I pop a small smile, a big yawn leaving my mouth before I could answer.

"Good morning to you too" I mumble, pushing the comforter off my body and slowly bringing myself to sit up. I already regret drinking that much, I lost control maybe because I hardly drink at all back home. It's a good thing I have nothing planned for today, and I can just lay in this bed, order room service, and get some time to myself.

"Did you throw up yet?"

"That's a weird question" I reply, wondering how he knows I am drunk, or hungover right now.

"You called me a few hours ago, thanks for waking me up, and you were blabbering about something I couldn't for the life of me understand" 

The events of last night, or this morning, start coming back to me like a gush of water, along with the guilt and regret that tag along, instantly making me sick in the stomach. Standing up on my feet, my ankle sends a unbearable pain, and I chose to ignore it for now, making my way to the bathroom as I feel my gut-churning, the acid climbing up my throat.

"I'll call you back" I hang up the call and throw my phone away before getting on the floor beside the toilet seat. As I empty everything inside my stomach, and the reel of what happened starts playing again inside my mind, I let out a groan.

Even when drunk, I shouldn't have let it happen. Deep down, I was afraid of something like this to happen from the start. And the fact that he initiated it, which tells me that he feels something for me, makes my mind buzz than it already is.

Realizing I'm still in the dress from last night, I take it off and dress in the robe hung down until I find the energy to take a shower. Brushing my teeth and spattering cold water on my face also doesn't help make me feel better. I just feel worse and worse as the guilt trip takes place, I grab my phone and walk outside of the bathroom.

My heart jumps out of my chest when I find Hero on the couch of my suite, and freaks me out to a level that I want nothing more than to run away from here right now. He is also hardly dressed, his shirt open his face relaxed while he runs his fingers through his hair as if this is not near wrong

This cannot be happening. What have you done, Josephine?

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" I ask furiously, my voice refusing to raise as I walk towards him. I don't remember this part where I find him in my room, I just remember storming off towards the hotel and then nothing.

He hisses, "Don't shout" he whispers holding his head, "As if retching your guts out wasn't enough to wake me up" his fingers press the sides of his forehead indicating the ache and his hangover. I almost forgot that he drank too much too, maybe because of how collected he seemed later on.

"What are you doing here, Hero?" I ask again, hugging my robe tight as I step back from him and his tired red eyes meet mine. "What have we done?" my voice wavers, and he scoffs shaking his head-- his attitude just pissing me off more.