7 - hollow?

Josephine Langford

I am awoken by the sound of a drawer being shut that rings through the cold silent room. My eyes dart open to find his tall figure standing by the other side of the bed-- his back faced to me as he gets something from the drawer. 

He's just in his black boxers, his hair is a mess from what I can tell, and he is holding his phone in one hand, that is pressed against his ear.

"I don't care Sam, really" his voice is hushed, croaky since he might have just woken up, and a hint of upset. 

He lets out a disappointed sigh, his other hand moving to his head as his fingers run through his soft hair and tug at it.

"I told you it's fine. It doesn't matter if my offer gets accepted or not, I don't give a fuck" 

He almost sounds as if he doesn't mean that, and is sad about something, but I don't think I can tell that much about him right now, or maybe I can.

"Alright, bye... yea, love you too"

Love you too?

Who would he say he loves them too?

Could be a close friend like Kiara...    

I probably should stop thinking about this, I shouldn't care anyway.

"Oh, I didn't mean to wake you up" the sound of his voice catches my attention as I lock my eyes back at him again, to be met with his gorgeous face, even in the morning he looks so tempting that it's hazardous. 

"You didn't. It's late anyways" I assure him, giving him a small smile which he returns as he makes his way back to the bed, filling me with his presence again.

He didn't look good that far away from me anyway. Near me, is better.

"Have a good sleep?" he asks, keeping his phone on the side table as he takes his place on the bed again, lying on his stomach and his green eyes looking directly into mine as he awaits an answer.

"It was normal" 

"Normal, huh? I didn't think you'd sleep normal after what we did last night" his tongue swirls across his lip as he bites it inside, making my stomach churn. 

"You'd like to think that, won't you" I joke, clutching onto the duvet and covering my exposed shoulders as the air conditioner starts hitting my nerves.

He lets out a chuckle in response, his smile being contagious and making my day a hundred times better already. His hand reaches out to the AC remote, turning it off and exhaling a deep breath. 

"Jo, we didn't really use protection last night, so I am gonna go buy plan B" he whispers softly, followed by a sigh as his hand moves to tuck my hair behind my ear. 

Oh, so he's considerate too.

"It's okay, I'll fetch it later. You don't need to go for it specially" I clear my throat, fondling the duvet that hugs my naked body.

I didn't get myself a birth control plan or pills or anything, especially because I know the side effects it could hold on me and my cycle, not to mention that I hardly engage in sexual activities, let alone thinking of after plans.

"Nah I have work of my own too, so it's no big deal" he lightly shakes his head. "Call on Chris' phone if you need anything for breakfast, yeah? I've left my phone for charging"

"Okay. I should head to my room now" I announce and his expression changes as if he doesn't agree with that, a small frown taking over his face. 

"You could stay. I mean-- you just woke up" he speaks as he glances at himself in the mirror again, fixing his already perfect hair. "Just don't leave without telling me, alright? I hate the sneaking out bit" he laughs.