19 - cheers to the new us

Josephine Langford

"I am so glad you're here, Jo" Chris says giving me a smile as he hands me my drink, "I hope it isn't weird for you"

"Not at all, I am happy for you guys" I return his warm smile, and he clinks his glass with mine before taking a sip. I meant what I said, I am happy for them and their celebration, and grateful that they wanted me to be a part of this.

"I am freaking out, to be honest" he whispers closer to my ear, and I give him a confused look. I would think Kiara is the one to freak out since she could barely stand the thought of being with one guy always, but Chris freaking out is a surprise.

"Why is that?" I question and he chugs down his drink before replying.

"I don't know man, it is a big fucking thing-- marriage. And she drives me crazy as it is, I can't even imagine what's to come. Wife, husband, bullshit is just something I do not get"

"I get it. Sometimes living together even with the person you love can be hard, but then you spend all your happy and unhappy moments with them. It's just a part of you, and before you know it you can't even think of living otherwise" I shrug my shoulders, his eyes widening at me.

"You are smarter than I remember, Josephine. So who is he?" he asks, taking me by surprise. I didn't want to make it obvious, but I guess I have become easy to figure out.

"Daxton Schrute" I whisper, my cheeks warming up at his mention. "He is a vet, we've been together two years" a sense of pride runs through my body when I claim our relationship, I have been so proud of him and us, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Josephine Langford has finally done it. I am so proud of you, Jo" he presses his lips against my head, then looks at me with prideful eyes-- his gesture making me a bit happy, I never felt this friendship with him before but turns out it was always there. "But he's going to be bummed" he adds, and I raise my eyebrows in question.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh nothing, let me get you another drink, yeah?" he takes my half-full glass and wanders away into the crowd before I could respond, and I let out a deep breath as I notice everyone in black and white mini dresses, either dancing or taking shots-- which is exactly the type of crowd I would expect from Kiara.

"Josephine?" a hand taps me on the shoulder, and I turn to find a not so familiar face of a girl whose name I can't quite recollect. Her white mini dress enhances her stunning body, and her makeup causes her face to glow in the dim lights.

"Uh- yes?"

"I didn't expect you here" she is quick to throw her arms around me, pressing her awfully big boobs against me as she embraces me tight-- as if I'm her long-lost sister. But I can't remember her name for the life of me, and it has started to creep me out. "Oh, it's so great to see you!"

"I'm- I'm so sorry, but I can't--"

"Right, of course" she gets down off her high horses, and her posture somewhat turns back to formal, "I'm Sam, Samantha" she introduces herself, and it comes back to me-- her name and her description. She is the girlfriend. A creepy feeling tings me when I recollect that she acts as if we're really good friends when we're meeting each other for the first time today.

"Samantha, it's great to see you" I reply politely, giving her a small smile in obliging as I try to make up things to get away right now, feeling really weird about this interaction.