11 - entangled

Hero Fiennes-Tiffin

"Because he's Eva's father, alright? There. I said it"

What the fuck- This has got to be some sort of joke. It better fucking be.

My heart is set in my throat as I take a step further into her room, and it takes them not more than a second to realise my presence.

The terror in Kiara's eyes is something I didn't want to notice, as she takes in the fact that I was outside listening to their conversation.

Fucking hell Kiara.

"You're kidding, right?" I scoff, stepping towards her and her feet are quick to step back from me.

"Hero... I'm sorry"

Please be kidding, Kiki.

Please. I cant swallow the seriousness you're showing right now. Just break into a laughter fit already.

"This is not a thing to joke about, so please" I nervously let out a small laugh, still in utter confusion as I am not able to study her emotions right now.

"Jo could you pass me that t-shirt?" I turn to Jo, who seems like she has been hit with a traumatic news herself, her eyes are bulged up and ready to burst into tears as her face still looks pale from the throwing up earlier.

She doesn't move, and looks away from me.

"Could you take this out of my room, Kiki?" She requests politely, but not missing the firm attitude laced in her voice.

"Take what outside? She was joking, Josephine" I try to lighten the thick air, but the uncertainty shows off as clear as water in my voice.

"Hero, listen to me" Kiara chimes in, and I suck a sharp breath, already regretting whatever is to befall.

"I'm listening"

"Jo, I think I need to explain myself to you too. So please hear me out?" She turns to Jo, who gives her a bland look.

"I do not care for your drama, just-" she sighs mid-sentence, as if stopping herself from lashing out, and gets on her feet. Grabbing her phone, she gives me a hollow look before walking past me, outside the room.

A part of me is glad she doesn't want to get caught up in my shit, but a bigger part of me wants to go behind her and assure her that I didn't know anything about this too, and I have been transparent with her since the beginning.

I let out a sigh, and face Kiara again, waiting for her to begin.

"You remember we met in Florida?" Kiara's voice cuts the thick air like a sharp knife, that also seems to enter my body as my mind begins ravelling with various thoughts and possibilities.

Fuck no.

"Yes, two years ago. How does that even add up-"

"Two years and four months to be exact. You might not remember it. But hear me out"

~