9 - incidental confession

Stoned Josephine Langford 

Throbbing. 

Throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb. 

That is the only feeling I can feel-- all of my nerves are dancing in my blood, along with some weird sensations I can't describe, 

What the fuck is even happening? 

A giggle escapes my mouth when I find myself trying to figure out whats the shooting adrenaline inside me, and why. 

"Guys?" I squeak, my voice surprising myself when it comes out all odd, and I turn my head to the other lads sitting around the chairs with drinks in their hands. Chris is accompanying me, as he has a cig in between his fingers, and Hero is empty-handed since I stole his pipe.

I stole his pipe.

That sentence makes me laugh, and I laugh out loud as I notice everyone's eyes on me, and try to stop laughing but am not able to. 

I stole his pipe. 

Goddamn do I want to.

"You alright Jo?" Kiara asks, patting beside her as she indicates for me to take my seat again.

I'm utterly mad at Kiara, and just her voice is pissing the fuck out of me. 

She had no right to be this concerned or upset when she herself is a who- woah. No she is not. She is your best friend, Josephine. For fuck's sake.

Exhaling a huff, I sit beside her and throw the almost out cigarette, already craving another. 

Chris, being a hero, offers a new one forth and I immediately grab it along with the lighter.

I have never smoked before, neither do I support it, but hell I didn't know it would feel so good.

It's like playing my favorite song on repeat in my mind, which is literally happening right now, and my foot is tapping against the floor with the beat. 

My eyes then set on Hero, as I inhale another puff. My heart sinks when I notice the disappointment on his face as his eyes glare into mine, his one hand slightly rubbing his forehead as he sits upset.

Why have I upset him now? 

"I'm sorry" I whisper without thinking, and he seems to have been caught off guard as he shifts back on his seat, grabbing his glass from the side.

"Who are you talking to?" Kiara asks, nudging my shoulder as she looks at me strangely interestingly.

"No one" I brush her off and shut my eyes.

Throb, throb, throb, throb, throb, throb. 

My head throbs, my nerves throb and something else too. 

A sudden gush of realization floods inside my head, and I open my eyes wide open in shock, alerting myself from what has been already done.

"What have you put into this?" I ask Chris, and he breaks into laughter, smiling wide as he shakes his head. "Chris, what the hell is this?" I ask, holding up the half cigarette I've smoked.