『Intermission』- The Shark(girl) Fanatic (Rimi)

=============
~ » ✩ ※ ✩ « ~
=============

[ Location ] [ Ichigaya Residence ]
[ First Person POV ] [ Rimi ]

"Good work." Katsuhiko in front of us said just as after the song we were playing came to an end.

Wah... I nearly panicked at some parts.. but I managed to pull through...

"We've brought snacks." My face immediately lit up upon Saaya-chan's mentioning of snacks.

"Yaay!" Both O-Tae-chan and Kasumi-chan cheered in response out of pure excitement. I feel the same way as well as Katsuhiko and Saaya-chan brought over some breads from the bakery. Majority of it were baked by the former.

And just as they laid out the plastic bag right on top of the table. My eyes immediately landed on the pieces of Choco-cornets inside.

I can tell that they're freshly baked judging by the aroma.

Momentarily. Kasumi-chan and O-Tae-chan each took a piece from the bag as they then happily dig into it.

"Hang on. I better get something to go along with that." Arisa-chan said as she made her way up stairs.

"oooh!! Wait! I'll help!~" Kasumi-chan followed behind.

"Me too~" O-Tae-chan went as well. Leaving only the three of us here.

...

...

"Yamabuki-san, why don't you make sure that nothing goes wrong... Yeah?" Katsuhiko said to Saaya-chan. Whom the latter nodded in reply.

"Be right back." As soon as Saaya-chan left as well. All that's left was me and Katsuhiko. The room began in silence as neither of us said anything.

Katsuhiko just stood there, Letting out a soft sigh.

Meanwhile. I looked back at the treat I have in between my hands. The sweet aroma of the cornet is just begging me to take a bite out of it.

Just before I could even do so... However... "do you really want to eat that right away without anything to drink?" I halted when Katsuhiko spoke. Looking towards me with a posture that seems to imitate a mother trying to scold her child.

While he sometimes give off that aura.. but at the same time. His height wouldn't make it all too convincing...

"Well... Um..." I tried to muster up a reply. But all I can think of is that I am hungry. And he's most likely predict that response.

"Just put that down for a moment and wait for them to come back with the drinks. Don't want you to choke from eating." He firmly stated as he took a seat on the sofa.

I nodded to him in response. He was just worried of me. And truthfully, that applies to anyone of us.

As I reluctantly placed down my chocolate cornet. I  sneaked a glance towards Katsuhiko, who seems to be busy on his phone.

I'd want to strike up a conversation with him. But I reserved the thought as I don't want to disturb him.

...

Hm..? Is that music playing from his phone? Is he perhaps...

Out of curiosity. I slowly approached to his side. Just close enough for me to see what he's doing.

I don't know why I am even curious in the first place.

All I know is that. What got my attention other than  - what seems to be - jazz music resonating throughout the room. Was a voice that I would only describe as... Cute.