[ Birthday Chapter ] - Kasumi (07-14)

When it comes to birthdays. One must think of a gift for the celebrant to receive. It can come as anything as long as you've shown your appreciation and care for that person.

But there are some people who's willing to give something even more special contrasting to its general simplicity.

Thinking real hard. That's what Katsuhiko Natsuki is currently doing. Thinking of what kind of gift he should give to Poppin' Party's birthday girl; Kasumi Toyama.

There were a number of things he listed in his head and none of it seem to work for him as they were too simple. He was thinking of star related gifts because when he thinks of Kasumi - stars are the first thing that comes to mind.

Sure he could just give her something like a necklace, bracelet or a hair clip. But like as mentioned, these were too simple.

So he kept diving deep into his thoughts to find a perfect gift...

. . .

. . .

. . .

Whilst trying to stall the birthday girl herself, while the rest of the girls were busy making a suprise party for her.

The two were currently at a cafe. Both ordered ice cream with each of their own flavor. Kasumi was currently enjoying her own. Her face was delighted in a cutesy manner.

Meanwhile, her male company was still deep in his thoughts that he barely even touched his ice cream.

Kasumi noticed this and started to wonder; "His ice cream is about to melt soon... I wonder what he's thinking." Kasumi could also hear Katsuhiko's low and audible grumbles.

She narrowed her eyes as she stared at him, trying to see if she could read his thoughts.

"He's thinking of Gura-chan again... Hmmm... Maybe he's day dreaming about meeting her? But why does he look so grumpy?"

Momentarily. Katsuhiko slowly opened his eyes. His expression finally looking calm. "I got it- gahh!" He startled when he saw Kasumi's face inches close to him. He almost stumbled from his chair, but luckily, he managed to prevent himself from toppling backwards.

"You got what?" Kasumi asked, her eyes filled innocence and curiosity.

"Oh, it's nothing." Katsuhiko replied. "So? How's your ice cream?" He asked. As was about to take a scoop from his own cup of delicious ice cream, he soon realized that his dessert had melted. Leaving only a liquid substance of what once was a frozen treat. "Ghh.."

This scene only made Kasumi giggle in amusement. "You have no choice but to drink that instead." Katsuhiko made a slightest face of disgust upon that idea.

Yeah, it's still ice cream. But the way it taste in it's melted state is a whole lot different. "I'll just take this home and put it in the freezer." He said as he picked up the cup.

"I don't think that would fix it?" Kasumi pointed out. Katsuhiko merely shrugged and still insisted himself to just bring it along with him.

Just minutes later after they're done with their dessert. The two remained in their seats as they stared off to who knows where.

As Kasumi glanced to Katsuhiko, she kept noticing how he keeps on checking his phone's time. Even though she knows it's her birthday today, she was still as oblivious. So she thought that he must be tuning in to another live stream of his favorite shark girl.

Just then. After checking his phone again, he looked towards Kasumi. "Is there anything you'd like to do?" He asked.

"Hm... I want to play the guitar!" Kasumi said with a cheerful grin.