『 Birthday Chapter 』 - Saaya (05-19)

Everyday of ones life can hold something that is yet to unfold. We either have to assume it's the same day like yesterday or reach an unexpected event. Sometimes, these events can happen occasionally. Like today for example. Taken place right within the interior of Yamabuki bakery.

Today was Saaya's birthday and her friends came by to help celebrate it. But of course, they had to make it as a surprise.

And with that, the girls were busy doing what they needed to do as instructed in the bakery while Saaya was being stalled by Kasumi. Taking her out on a walk around town. Instructed to come back before sunset.

The process of their work was surprisingly smooth. We say smooth as there was not a single time where Tae Hanazono caused any delays. Arisa Ichigaya was just as relieved by that.

All three of them were helping each other with their task. Saaya's parents also were offering to help them out. It was their daughter's special day. Of course they would do this as a way to thank Saaya whom has been working really hard and is doing her very best every day.

Things were pretty much done with everything for the surprise party. The small birthday banner was already hung up by the wall, which was visible through the entrance of the kitchen.

"I hope Saaya-chan will like all of this..." Rimi uttered. Seemingly worried by the fact that Saaya might be disappointed by this setup, which looked pretty plain.

"I'm sure Saaya will appreciate this." Mrs. Yamabuki responded with certainty.

Arisa looked at her phone to checked the time. "Where is he...?" She muttered with an irritated expression.

"Do you think Katsuhiko will arrive on time?" Rimi asked.

"I hope so." Arisa responded. "Counting out Kasumi and the birthday girl. He's literally the only one who hasn't arrived yet."

"Well, he did say he'll come by. But didn't really specify at what time." Tae stated with a finger placed on her chin.

"Is he busy with something, perhaps?" The father of the house said, folding his arms.

"Mayhaps.." Arisa sheepishly said. Although she could agree with the being busy part. The thing she had to wonder whether if it was important or not.

"Although.. he was the one who—" before Arisa could say. She was abruptly cut off by the arrival of  Kasumi and Saaya.

Of course. They greeted the latter after she went inside last.

And it went pretty much how surprise parties worked. Even though Saaya half-expected this to happen considering it is her birthday today, it still managed to surprise her.

She was smiling happily upon hearing her friends and family greeting her wholesomely. She glanced around and noticed one person not being present.

She had the time to ask this towards the others afterwards. Arisa said that Katsuhiko might be doing something that caused some delay. Which she pretty much understands. Just as long as he attended the party.

Which she hoped he would.

While that being in mind. The party rolled by rather smoothly. Gifts were given, games were played, cakes were sliced. Everything went pretty well as everyone hoped.

Night time came and the party was well over. Saaya offered to clean up the place but her friends offered to help as they didn't want to let her do it alone. As of course, it was still her special day today.

Thankfully, she didn't neglect the offer as she happily accepted it.

Moments later during their session of rinsing dishes and sweeping floors. Kasumi noticed the expression that Saaya holds, and she found herself worried.