[ Birthday Chapter ] - Kokoro (08 - 08)

What makes a perfect birthday party?

Well for one. You gotta have the essentials! Like balloons, streamers, party blowers, paper cutouts and etc! But what else should there to be added?

Of course, there should be cake and music! And as well as party games! A whole lot of variety to make the celebration much more exciting. And of course to make the celebrant feel endearment.

That's what would Kokoro Tsurumaki always have every year in her birthday. And it is all thanks to her lovable big sister Ichika. Each time her big sister ever did a surprise birthday party for her. It would always never fail to surprise her.

Her big sister really loves her so much that she would really go out of her way to really make sure that her little sister gets to have the best birthday party. Because she's really special in her heart. And to Kokoro, the sentiment was the same.

To Kokoro. Her birthdays are always the best because of her sister.

"Happy birthday Koko-chan!~" Ichika would always beam in delight whenever she sees the cute smile that her little sister would give off. A smile that she promised to protect.

"Wow!! Thank you Onee-chan! You're always the best!" And Kokoro would always jump and latch onto her big sister. Giving her a hug that expresses all of the love she has for her.

She even labeled her as The number one best onee-chan in the whole entire world!!

These two children of the Tsurumaki family always seem to show no means of separation. Wherever Ichika goes, Kokoro would always be there (except in school.)

Ichika would also find herself spoiling her little sister to the point that it becomes a common thing for her to do.

Kokoro and Ichika would always be in the same room as the latter. The eldest Tsurumaki would be playing a melody from her piano while the youngest would listen with eagerness. And eyes that show admiration towards her sister's talent.

Her head swayed gently from left to right. Her eyes closed as she listened to the song that's soothing like a lullaby.

"Onee-chan. You're always so cool! I wish to be like you someday!" Kokoro would say with a determined expression. To which had her sister give a prospective look towards her. "I want to be in a band just like yours! One where we can all make people smile and be happy! Oh and have friends to be with!"

She gently placed a hand on her little sister's soft blonde hair, gently caressing it. She smiled warmly at how adorable Kokoro looked when she's being ambitious of something. And that's something she always loves about her.

"I'm sure you'll get there someday, Koko-chan. I believe in you."

The little blonde giggled. Leaning into her sister's touch. "hehehe~ when you say that. I get more and more motivated!"

"Just promise me one thing, okay?" Her elder sister spoke. "Promise me that you will keep going if you want to achieve your dreams. And do with with a smile on your face!"

"And if I ever get to see you sad. Onee-chan will be super mad. Got it?"

"O- Okay... I'll do my very very best!" Kokoro said. Her cheeks puffed and hands together to express her determination.

Truly. She dreamed of standing in the same stage as her sister. Performing great music and possibly, making their audience entertained.

She wanted that someday...

She will do her very best to achieve that...

. . .

. . .

[ Years Later ]

The morning sun floats above the sea of clouds, its rays of light shone brightly down at the lovely country of Japan.

It was like any other day a usual. The typical workers passing by to catch their train. The newspaper boy would ride his bicycle down the streets to deliver batches of fresh new articles and whatnot.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, things were going smoothly and simple. The students going from Hanasakigawa girl school would casually make their way there, either from walking or taking the available transports. Some would take a detour, some would just take stops around shops and whatnot.

Some are even early with their part-time jobs

And then there's this blonde girl walking not towards the direction of her school, but rather, towards the cemetery. Carrying a plastic bag filled with things only she knows what's inside.

Arriving at her destination, she would follow the decorated stone path to where she wants to go. Wearing her signature happy go lucky smile that her band mates would know and love.

Upon arriving, she placed the bag on the ground and took a kneel in front of the grave. Grabbing two incense sticks from the bag, she then lights it up and places them on its respective holder.

Clapping her hands together and closing her eyes, she would pray for the person who is buried underneath this grave.

After opening her eyes, she turned to her bag once more and took out a box which are filled with cream puffs.

Placing three pieces on one plate, she then puts it in front of the grave, right next to a picture frame of a girl who has a long blonde hair and golden eyes, looking just like hers.

"How are you... Onee-chan? I hope you are doing just fine." Still holding her smile, the girl spoke to no one in particular. "Here I am, still smiling just like you told me to. I wouldn't do so otherwise or else you'd get mad at me." The girl lets out a chuckle as she says that, taking a small bite out of her own cream puff. "Here, I even bought your favorite, so eat up." She says, pushing the plate filled with cream puffs closer to the picture frame.

"Oh, and it's my birthday today! So I was hoping to celebrate it with you as always."

. . .

. . .

. . .

"Remember what my dream was? To make the world smile just like how you would? I can accomplish that now. Now that I am in a band!" She wiped her hands after finishing eating one piece of that cream puff, taking another afterwards. "With Michelle, Misaki, Kanon, Hagumi, Kaoru... I wished you could meet them, they are actually wonderful people!" She said aloud, widely spreading her arms.

"We did so many things, Onee-chan. playing live at a live house and such, meeting new people and making them smile with our music."

. . .

. . .

She didn't notice that small tears were appearing in her eyes, her mouth would be seen quivering. "J- Just like how your band would..." She muttered while her voice cracks, "Just thinking about this... N- No... I'm not crying... I am not, you would get mad at me if I were... I- It's just that..."

She tried to wipe the tears that were flowing out of her eyes, but with each stroke, the tears would keep falling.

"I'm sorry Onee-chan... I really miss you..."

. . .

- - -

A/N:

Welp... Totally not what you expected right???

Sorry about that.

Happy birthday Kokoro! Sorry to give you such a... depressing chapter.