ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 6

The Promised Neverland

I watched as Emma walked outside right after Don and Gilda and Norman followed her but, I stayed.

I heard approaching footsteps but didn't look up.

"Willow."

I heard Rays voice say in a softer tone then he usually spoke.

"Why did you jump in front of me?" He asked softly bending down to see my face.

I thought for a second.

I gave him a small smile and said, "How could I just stand there and watch someone punch my best friend?"

His eyes widened in surprise but he smiled anyway.

I lifted my head back up and Ray stopped bending down. 

He is a lot more kind then he seems. 

'Maybe I could trust him with my secret?'

"Hey Ray." I mumbled.

'I have to tell him now.'

"Hm?" he said looking back over to me.

'Come on you can do this Willow!'

"I-" I was cut off but the door swinging open again and all of my confidence faded.

The four that were outside a second ago were now walking in. 

Don had a guilty face, Emma look happy, Gilda looked still unsure about all of this but was smiling too, and so was Norman.

Don walked in front of me and Ray sat down next to me on the table.

Don bowed and said, "I'm sorry!" 

I tilted my head to the side.

"I was going to punch Ray at first but when you jumped in I just then blamed it all on you too!" I looked at him for a moment and the whole room was silent.

I started to giggle.

Everyone looked at me in surprise.

I kept giggling until I stopped and looked up and Don smiling, "It's my own fault Don! I purposely jumped in front of Ray knowing I would get hurt! So you don't need to be sorry. If anyone should be sorry its me. And I need to apologize to everyone in this room. I haven't been telling you all of the information I know."

Everyone looked at me still surprised but I continued.

"I will tell you all when the time is right."

"Why not now?" Emma asked confused and eager to know what I was talking about.