ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

The Promised Neverland

Me and Ray were walking down the halls. It was a peaceful walk with no talking. 

"Hey Ray?" I asked quietly as we went further down the hall.

"Yea?" He answered still looking forward.

"..." I paused for a second, "W-what if they find Norman in the forest?"

He froze in a his place so I stopped to.

"Ray-?"

"We won't let that happen." he said firmly.

I stood there a second before I smiled and nodded and we kept walking.

"Guys!" Emma yelled running up to us and stopping us in our tracks. "Time to go outside!"

"It's almost time." I mumbled.

'I have to make sure Norman stays in the forest.'

---Timeskip---

We all walked outside and a few minutes before Isabella came out Norman ran into the forest.

She walked out of the door holding Carol in her arms as the baby slept. She started to walk around with the other children while a few kids ran up to me.

"Willow come play with us!" one of them yelled and my body tensed.

'This could be a problem.'

"Sure!" I walked over to them and played until It was almost time for Norman to come back.

I turned to Ray and Emma and gave them a begging expression to help me.

Emma laughed thinking I was just tired of playing and walked over there distracting all of the children.

That's when I looked into the distance and saw a small white figure. 

At that moment I didn't even think and bolted over to where Norman was and grabbed him bringing him back into the forest. We tumbled on the ground rolling over a couple of times till we were pretty deep in.

I didn't even realize I had just ran a good thousand feet in like two milliseconds.

"W-what?" He stuttered confused at my speed.