ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

The Promised Neverland

It was almost night time as we had all just finished up dinner. Ray and Emma were cleaning up for me and I was going to go bring Norman some food. Two chicken legs, a piece of bread, and an orange. Although I didn't have to leave as fast as I usually did as it was free time after dinner.

I walked through the front door that Isabella only used when children were shipped to avoid questions.

"Willow?" 

I whipped my head around and saw Phil.

"Oh! Phil! Hello kiddo do you need something?" I asked, acting as if I wasn't about to go a person that got 'adopted' food.

"Where are you going? Why do you have food?" He asked tilting his head to the side a bit with a adorable confused face.

'Frick! I forget he was like a mini genius!'

"U-uh I didn't get enough to eat so Isabella gave me this and I was going to go eat it outside." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

He frowned at me and I sighed, putting my hand down.

"Sorry for lying why did I think I could fool you?"

His face formed into shock and the little boy ran up to me. I just smiled and rubbed his head while crouching down to his level.

"Your a lot smarter than we all think Phil aren't you?" I questioned. To be honest I was actually curious if he would still be this smart even if Norman didn't get shipped.

"Y-yea." He mumbled looking down.

'He has been hiding it for so long...'

"Hey Phil... What all do you know?" I asked looking down.

"H-huh?" He looked up at me his blue eyes shining in the sunlight.

"Well. I knew something was up when you came to the house." My eyes widened in surprise.

"It was because you never called mom, mom. And when Emma broke her leg, you all came back glaring at mom and you wouldn't talk to her! Also when we found out Norman was getting shipped everyone looked sad but you just looked angry." He said his confused face coming back.

I smiled a bit at the boys words.

"Well with a gift like that I got to reward it!" I praised, now standing fully up.

His eyes widened a little bit and he smiled.

"So Phil do you wanna go see Norman?"

.

.