CHAPTER 33

It was the next morning, by the time I woke up I saw a message from Elena saying she went to Stefan's. I didn't mind as I was going to research today but found myself exhausted from all that crying I did. So, I just stayed home with Jere watching him play he games. My brain kept on thinking of how I am adopted and Jere isn't my blood brother, but it doesn't change that I love him like my brother. Also, how could I be a witch and he can't- or even Elena. What if me and Elena aren't even twins?!

"Hey, Jere?" He hummed to concentrated on the game. "Wanna order some pizza? I'll pay." I gave him an innocent smile, something to distract myself from. It took him a minute before he nodded. "Yes!" I hopped off the couch getting my phone. "Cheese, right?"

"The only thing we get." Jere sassed. I rolled my eyes and ordered.

Not even fifteen minutes later a knock rang out. I got up from the couch going to the door. "Hey. Its gonna be $22."

"Hey, um let me go grab the money. You can come in and put it on the stand, right there." I pointed as I held the door open for the pizza guy. I went upstairs and grabbed $25 and sped downstairs. "Um, here. Keep the change," Giving him a small smile.

"Thanks. And you have yourself a good night." He thanked before leaving.

Me and Jere ate the whole pizza within 10 minutes, talking how he met a girl Anna and how she was helping him write his research paper for Mr. Saltzman. He explained that he was writing about vampires and I froze but he reassured me that he only thought they were legend. It was a symbol of how Johnathan Gilbert expressed his fears and what not in his journal.

Otherwise, I think it was a pretty good day, if I say so myself.

Caroline and I walked around town as we conversed about her and Matt hanging out recently. How she doesn't know what they have going know and that she knows that Matt isn't over Elena. "Okay, do you like him? Be honest." I asked as I looked at her.

"I think I do. He is sweet, kind and not to mention he is cute." I smile at her as she gushed on about him. "Matt doesn't think of me as some bitch but I think he is not over Elena. It will always be her."

"I grabbed her hand making us stop. "You, Caroline Forbes, are the most caring, loving and sweetest person ever, always my number one. And If Matt can't see that you are the best choice then he doesn't deserve you."

Caroline smiled and squeezed me in a hug. "Thank you, Nat's." I nodded and had to tell her that I was gonna pass out if she didn't let go. "What's going on in your life? Anything new, like boys?"

She shimmed her shoulders giving a crazy smile."Well, Elena and I found out that we are adopted." I sighed as I by passed the idea of bringing up Damon.

She gasped. "What?! That is crazy."

I nodded. "Yeah. I don't know how to feel about it. All Elena found out is that the supposed birth records doesn't mention of my mom being pregnant." I drag Caroline on to a near by bench. "Jenna knew but didn't tell us, she said that they didn't want to her to say anything but their gone. She should of told us."

Caroline's eyes held sympathy as she focused on my frowny face. She could tell that I wasn't mad but hurt about finding out from someone else. "I know you won't like the idea but I think you should talk to Jenna." I shot Care a pointed look. "Hold on. She might know who your birth parents are if she knew about this."

I looked away knowing she was right, she is almost always right. "Okay, I will talk to Elena about asking Jenna with me." I agreed with a sigh.

She grabbed my hand. "You will always be a Gilbert, you know." She told me certainty causing a minor smile to fall on to my face.