chapter three.

New York City.

" Have you found her yet. "

" There isn't a trace after she left NYU. it's a dead end. " Ronnie told him.

It had been a week now. Still Victor did not know where on Earth was Diane. She really did mean it when she said she would disappear from his sight.

She couldn't have gone far.

" Have you told Sharon about it. "

" She isn't taking it very well. " He said recalling their conversation on that day.

They were having dinner at the table. He thought it was better bringing out the topic right now.

He composed himself and let out a long breath.

Sharon looked at him knowingly.

" Is there something you wish to say Victor. "  She asked putting down her fork.

" No. " He found himself loosing his confidence.

" Well. " She picked her fork again.

She went on eating silently. He thought of how she was already in grief.

She finished. " If you still have work to do.. I'll be in bed. It's been a long day. " She said getting up.

" Actually Sharon.. " he called she stopped.

"Yes Victor .. speak up I haven't got all night."

She just had to be in that mood today.

" You might want to sit down. "

" Come on say it you're scaring me. "

" I have another child. " He waited for her response but there came none.

" I said I --- " 

The slap rang through the house.

Yes she had slap him right across the face.

For a moment he remained speechless. When he opened his mouth again to speak she stopped her.

" Do not.. say another word Victor, how could you. "

With that she left.

How did everything go wrong.

That honest mistake he made.

" What about her parents. They could know. "

" Of course.. do that. "

He sat in thoughts. He still had a lot of time, years until he retired. But anything could happen, he could die. An image of Carlos came flashing back. He grunted in frustration. He needed a sole heir. Shareholders were always masked, always trying to put up a name and image. Diane was his way out, what a twisted karma. And just because it was Diane he needed to get to her earlier, the sooner the better. No matter how hard he had to try.

Ronnie got out to look into her parents details. With the low thump on the door, he closed his eyes relaxing back on his chair.

Oh, and Sharon, his wife dearest. Things had never been so great with Sharon. From the very start. It had always been like he was trapped in that marriage. And for his image, he stayed trapped.

He really didn't care as long as his company was running smoothly. And at every event Sharon would show up beautifully and elegant beside him. Putting up a picture perfect family.