chapter thirteen.

For @lattyfer.
K

ansas City

" What do you mean he told you never to show your face again. "

" I mean just exactly that, Ronnie. The sentence is clear as day. " Victor said rubbing his eyes.

" I mean yes, you pretty much acted like a dick for neglecting them for almost eighteen years and now showing up pretending your sorry so that you can somehow transform your son into some business person " Ronnie said in one breath. Victor opened his mouth to speak only for her to raise her hand stopping him.

" But... But, they don't know that. They should buy it and thank their lucks that they will never have the life they have. " She said setting a cup of coffee infront of him.

" That is very helpful Ronnie. " He said with a hint of satire in his tone.

" I am not faking my apology, I really mean it. That boy got beaten up only to pay for bills. "

Ronnie wanted to come up with a snarky remark but thought it wasn't a good time. Her face softened because as much as Victor said he only wanted to convince him to come with them, he was his son and rejected or not, blood is thicker than water.

" So tell me Mr Russo, what do we do. "

His serious expression quickly came back as he pulled his phone.

" Christopher tells me some solid business companies are already offering deals. I told him to have Bertha forward you the emails. Just sort out the best ones and plan for the meetings. "

" Why are you doing all of this now. You are like only fifty. "

" Forty five. " He corrects.

" Exactly my point. You almost have fifteen years to go on working why the rush. "

" Ronnie look at me, am not getting any younger. I need to build solid trust for whoever I'll leave my company. I worked so hard I can't afford seeing it going into wrong hands "

" So what about this Landon. "

" You speak as if he doesn't exist. "

" I probably don't know. I have not seen him yet. Who knows he's just another guy's child maybe he's not yours. " she teases.

" I think I gave you work to do. "

" Lame. "

...

" Hey, gorgeous. "

" You Mr Russo really like seeing me red. "

" I do. However this clearly is a surprise seeing you never come to my office. "

She rolled her eyes, making way to the large sofa.

" So what brings you here. Did you miss me. "

" You cocky bastard. I only wanted to see what keeps you so busy these days. " Diane says crossing her legs lazily.

True, the last time she had seen her had been two weeks ago.

" I have been working on something. " He said though the answer seemed stressed out.

The last day she had seen her, two weeks ago when he was happy and on top of the world he got a serious call from his father.

" what is this I hear Victor, I get a call from Mr Sawyer and what does he say. You are cheating on his daughter. "

" What does it matter to you dad I told you I don't love Sharon. "

He hadn't heard a single word she had said but only snapped back when he heard " pregnant "  in the sentence.

" What?!. "

" I know right, we will be having a baby Victor, imagine the happiness I am feeling. "

For a while he was happy too. Maybe happier than when Sharon said she was expecting.

" You will have nothing, they will take everything you hear me. Stop this childish game trying to get back at me and think like a man. "

" This can't happen. "

Diane who was laughing stopped. Standing up.

" You don't look so happy. "

" I can not accept that child I have things to attend to if there is nothing else, please. " He could hear his father in his words.

" What the hell, Victor. !"

" Please don't make this complicated Diane. "

" You are complicating this. What do you mean by this. "

He fogged his windows knowing his snoopy employees will have a show.

" It's your child Victor. Our love. "

" Love Diane?. Am running business am at a very good place right now and my reputation will build my empire. "

She had to be dreaming. This wasn't her Victor.

" I have a wife, Diane. A son I told you before. "

Now they mattered. Not when she had told him this wouldn't be right. Before he her fall for him.

A tear fell. Melting him completely.

" I will provide the child's needs "  the least he could offer.

" That won't be necessary at all Mr Russo. Infact you won't have to show your face anywhere near me. I hope your reputation works wonders for you. "

And she really disappeared.

" I shouldn't push it right Ronnie, it's my fault after all. "

" The Victor I know don't give up easy. "

" Maybe you don't know him that well. " He said thrown his head back in defeat.

" If you really meant it when you said your apology wasn't faking. The guilt inside you should be driving you right now to get a peace of mind. " Ronnie told him.

" I should get emotional often, it makes you actually speak sensible things. " He tried joking but ended up giving a awkwardly sad laugh.

" I am serious though. Go there don't stop trying until they agree. Do anything loose some screws if it means they'll trust you. Don't quit without a fight. "

Victor laughed. " Ok stop, I know Ronnie is still somewhere in there. "

But she wasn't joking, she literally dragged him into an Uber even after telling her multiple times that he didn't want any of his fingers broken.

" Man up Russo, do you know the whole New York fears you. "

" Do you know the Kansas fears her. "

" You don't know that. " Ronnie says crossing her hands falling into the seat.

" She has bodyguards. " He said remembering the two buffs with comical names.

" I told you to bring Joe. Trust me when things get ugly am switching sides. "

Too much for manning up.

And there they stood, another evening same address. Ronnie stretched her hand to ring the doorbell only to be stopped by a roar of a motor bike.

When Landon got down from his bike and took off his helmet. He could hear Ronnie beside him.

" I take it back Russo, that is your son. "

You guys, I love you ♡♡
Vote

Yours
Dalos.