twenty two

Evelyn

" Was that Landon, from our major. " Cindy asks as we watch his car speeding off.

" Yeah. " I answer.

" You seem tired. "

" Yeah, long day. " I sigh.

" Yeah sweetheart, you be having an even longer night. "

I groan remembering that I promised I'd go with her to the club.

" Cindy.. "

" Nah uhh, nope am not listening. You can have a lazy Sunday tomorrow. "

From her tone I know not to argue. I lay back on the seat but my mind immediately rewinds to a few hours ago.

I am a lot of things, stupid is not on the list. There is something going on at that company, it clearly involves Mr Russo and Landon Carter. If as everyone says he's just an intern, he wouldn't have much of a voice infront of Victor Russo, the owner and CEO, the boss.

If they are hiding it, it's a secret and it's not my business. But I can't help but notice.

" Earth to Eva. " I finally hear Cindy say.

" Yeah!?. " I ask.

" You do see the apartment complex infront of us don't you. " She asks concerned.

I look out and as she says, w have reached our destination.

Going back in I run the shower and get out to get ready.

" Hey, I ordered pizza, wanna have dinner before we head out. " Cindy shouts from our small kitchen.

" Sure, am famished. " I yell back.

Curling the ends of my hair, I put on black leather jeans a creamy tank top, a jacket and high boots. I take my glasses but I place them in my purse since there's no actual reading at a club. Getting out I find Cindy done.

" Looking good. " I tell her.

" Well I always aim to impress. You don't look as bad yourself. "

I laugh.

" No am serious, you even look better going at an office, you could put in Abit of more work tonight. " She  says half jokingly.

" Attention is the last thing I need here, it was terrible in Edinburgh. " I tell her.

" Oh yeah how's that. " She asks.

Knowing I'd have to reveal my life to a girl that has surprisingly only been my friend for a week, I push the topic away.

" Don't you mind that. "

" Hmm we all have our secrets. "

" It's really not a secret, I just prefer that we don't speak about it. "

" I hear you. "

After having some slices we head out the club.

Arriving Cindy immediately sees her friends and urges them to come over.

" You guys, I missed you. " She yells over the music as they exchange hugs.

" We too oh my goodness, how's college life treating you. "

" Again Mel it's only been a week. " A girl with curly hair tells the one with a pixie cut.

" It's okay, I guess. Oh and girls this is Eva my new friend and roommate. " Cindy says with a very happy smile.

It makes me feel nice and warm inside, why because the only one who'd introduce me sincerely ever as her friend to anyone had only been Morgan. Everyone else befriended me because of my parents and our business. Which may be the reason I clearly don't want to let her know.