chapter seven.

Edinburgh UK.

" Now, now come along we are getting late already. "

" How many times must I tell you, Henry, a beautiful woman as myself who happens to be the talk of Europe must not be rushed. "
Jane started

" To make an entrance one should be fashionably late. "  They all say at the same time. However Jane sounds enthusiastic while Henry sounds exhausted.

" And where exactly is your daughter. "

Upstairs, Eva sat at her desk, laptop on, pencil in one hand calculator in the other. Her long hair up in a high pony tail.

" Eva.. Eva. " She could hear her dad making way from downstairs.

She rubbed her eyes beneath the glasses. Blinked once.. twice.

Right.. dinner at the Harpers.

She pulled the dress her mom gave her and rushed into the bathroom.

" Eva.. are you done. "

" Almost done father. " 

She thanked her stars that she was always fast as compared to her mother who would take half a day just dressing up.

A little make up would do. It's just a dinner. Slipping on the shoes finally she opened the door.

" Took you long enough. " He got in.

" Ah you were working on your school work. That's nice. "

" If you go on like this Eva you'll be making a brilliant successor. Come on now we have to go and be a perfect family enjoying dinner. "

' And if you go on like this you'd be awarded world's douchebag father. ' she thought.

" Yes father. "

" Jane I assume you are done. " Henry said going down the stairs with Eva's hand in his.

" Of course I am will you relax already darling. "

" Eva. " She said turning to her daughter.

" Mother. " She said in a monotone already knowing where it was going.

" Why aren't you in makeup. "

" What do you mean mother am wearing makeup. "

" It's barely there. "

"It's just a dinner I don't have to cake myself " she almost snapped.

Her mom glared. But nodded her head nontheless.

" You my dear are lucky to be born of me. Just as beautiful. "

As much as she wanted to argue. She was right.

Yes her mom used make up. But she was one to never disappoint. She appeared in every magazine and beauty shows.

Eva had taken her beauty. No doubt in that, whenever they had to attend social gathering to get into inner circles and be the perfect family. People had their eyes on her.

The envy, admiration, lust, jealousy. Now she had gotten used to it.

That's how her father's company grew. Since she was little she'd attend pageants. Now she was older she'd go to galas, balls and dinners.

Everyone new her to be from a perfect family. Best school grades, only top designer clothes. Dates with sons of only influential wealthy families of England.

" Mr and Mrs Burton, welcome please this way. "

The butler took their coats. Preceding first into the dining he announced their arrival.