twenty one

Landon.

" I did not agree to this. "

" Can you wait outside Eva. I need to talk to Landon. "

" Of course. " She stands and go outside.

You can try and imagine my surprise when I get into Mr Russo's office and find Eva. The first thought that came into my mind was her finding out about I being related to Victor Russo. Even I still don't want to accept that fact, let alone let it known. So far the only people knowing this in the company is Ronnie who Victor absolutely trusts with his life. And the other few who know are the ones I trust with my life.

" What the hell is going on. "

" Landon, you won't wake up one day and have everything in your hands without experience. " He explains.

" I am working aren't I. " I reason.

" I know but as a good successor, you have to learn communication skills and teamwork I always told Carlos so.. " he stops mid way because he clearly knows by now how much I don't like being compared to Carlos.

" Yeah..  Carlos. Listen I don't understand why I have to work on this with her. Wasn't Ronnie going to ask the James whoever to help me. "

" James had a trip to our Chicago branch. Flexibility in work is very important. "

I heave out a sigh.

" Yeah I get you. Damn it am stuck with a weirdo. "

" Professionalism before... " He starts.

" Really!!. "

" Sorry, please cooperate with her. I may not give her father what he wants but at some point I'm helping that girl. "

What's that even suppose to mean. Ignoring him I ask.

" When do I start. "

" Ronnie will first brief you on it then you two can carry on. "

Getting out she goes back in as I follow Ronnie at her desk.

" I can't believe I agreed to come here. " I mumble.

" We all have our moments, ay. " She says typing something on her keyboard.

" How do you know Evelyn. " She asks me.

" You mean Eva. "

" Yes, that's the one. " She says picking up her mug.

" We both major business, she's really just a weirdo who puts on glasses and answers every damn question. "

" So she's smart. She's been here couple of times I don't see weird. " She says after taking a sip of her coffee.

" Trust me, that's just a front. " I say as we hear the door open and she gets out and follows us.

" Ah, come on kids let me show you. " Ronnie says and I roll my eyes following her.

" So.. Landon huh!. "

I look at Eva who's hands are crossed over her chest.

Oh right, the last time I left without telling her my name.

" Yes Landon Carter, it is so lovely to meet you. " I tell her pulling notes on the sarcasm.

She rolls her eyes at my tone and before she comes up with a comeback we have reached  our destination and Ronnie pulls out a folder with multiple papers.

" This was Carlos'office.. " she says and I throw her a look not to go on with anything.

" As in Carlos Russo. Why would sir give us his office. " Eva is already curious.

" Ah.. because..  this is a very important project. Don't screw it both of you. " She quickly covers up.

" Well that makes me nervous. " She says.

" Can we start please. " I say.

" Oh.. right, James should be here by-- " Ronnie says looking outside.

" Here I am, not late am I. " a redhead guy, supposedly James walks in.

" Mm-hm, definitely not in Chicago. " I say as he looks like he didn't get a thing I said.

" Huh!?. "

Everyone else shrugs but he goes ahead and tells us what it's about.

***

" How did a bore like you get an internship at Russo's. " She asks when we are left to scheme a plan.

" I am anything but boring. " I tell her dismissing the question

" Not how you put yourself to be. " She says focusing on the desktop screen.

" Appearances clearly don't matter, you should know. "

I say hinting on how she has two sides.

" You are deflecting. That's not the question I asked. "

" I got it the same way you did. " I lie hoping  the way she got here is not as hard.

" Really, I hate to admit my way but my parents have connections. "

" I guess you can say that. " I tell her.

Then I remember that she once had dinner at the mansion. Ahh... Sums up.

" You are clearly not helping me. " She gets up from the chair stretching her hands up and her blouse rises a bit but she doesn't notice.

" Can't you put on what you normally have on at college. "

" I am not answerable to you. Do you have a problem with my official attire. "

' Not when you're stretching, nope. '

" If you are done on that phone can you please help out. " she says heading out to the bathroom.

After another thirty minutes we have covered enough and Ronnie tells us we can leave.

Going out, I head towards the parking lot to get my car, that I finally got after cashing out my college savings since Mr Russo is now paying for that.

" Hey, can you come pick me up. I keep on forgetting that my car isn't with me... Yeah thanks. " I hear Eva on the phone as she exits the building.

" Where are you heading, I could give you a ride. " I ask before I gather my thoughts.

" Oh don't you mind, my friend Cindy is coming to pick me up. " she says tiredly sitting on the side bench.  She takes out her lenses and places them in a case and puts on her glasses.

Noticing that I've been staring at her for sometime, I snap out of it.

" Okay, that's fine, I'll get going. "

She yawns out a bye and lazily waves at me.

Driving off the place I see a yellow Chevrolet coming parked and she heads towards it. The door opens and she goes in. I drive away before they do.

I notice a new message from mom pop on my screen.

Are you coming later.

Since you miss me too much, of course I'll be there.

And off I go, day one with weirdo, not as bad as I thought it would be.

Hello my loves, my motivation and my strength 😂😂. We have a long way to go, if you show much cooperation it will be done before am off to my studies..

That's a month away..  hehe. Moving on, votes🤗

Yours
Dalos.