chapter ten.

Ignore the typos.

Kansas City.

" Why's it unnecessarily quiet in here. " Bob asks getting in the usually crowded club.

Since it was only four, it wasn't as crowded.

" Nice of you to show up Now,  " Xander told him.

" The fuck's wrong with you. I show up at this time every day. " He said as everyone else tried to show him signs to shut up.

" What up with all you people, something happened. "

" Wonderful Robert. What a surprise. " Jamie says coming out of his office.

His eyes grow to saucers as he notices his boss standing there.

He quickly covers it with a smile. " Oh, man I didn't know you were in town, welcome back. "

" Fuck you. " Xander shoots at him.

" Can you all get back to work. " He says before shutting his door.

" Man. When did he come back. " Bob asks.

" Much to everyone's surprise. "

Jamie almost never steps foot in Kansas. That's why he had Bob and Xander take care of business here. Unlike all other places Kansas had his least illegal activities. Underground fighting. So he only came back if he really messed up and people were looking for him.

" Can you two get in here. " His angry voice yelled out. As everyone else looked at them.

" What'd you do this time. " Bob asked taking his glass of scotch with him, leading the way.

" Me.. ?! , I should be asking you that. "

" Close the door. "

" So.. who are you running from this time. "

" I am not running from a goddamn soul, what exactly-- " his phone ringing cuts him off.

" Damn that was supposed be a great venting speech. " Bob says shaking his head.

Jamie shoots him a glare before standing up to speak with whoever was calling.

" What. " He immediately snaps as he starts speaking.

" I don't know what.. I didn't know okay. Well it's not my fault. Listen to me and listen damn good, I'm not ready to hear some random-- " he brought his phone from his ear looking at it. " Hello, he..  fuck it. " He slammed his phone on the table.

" So far I've only noticed you can't give a freaking venting speech. " Bob says.

" Do you guys have a clue about what the hell is going on with that Carter woman recently. "

Hearing this, both men became attentive.

" What'd you mean. "

" Is she seeing Victor Russo. "

" Impossible. The last time I checked Diane wanted nothing to do with Russo. " Xander says.

" And when was the last time you checked. You are supposed to be watching her. "

" That's creepy. " Bob retorts

" That's your freaking job. "

" Hey man. Chill what's going on. "

Jamie exhales tiredly sitting on his chair. He takes his phone and starts scrolling.

" Imagine my surprise when I find this in my phone. " He said click one of the voicemails.