chapter sixteen.

For carde_sky. Bye baby.

New York.
Evelyn.

" Bird has left its nest. " Morgan's voice comes through my speaker as she says excitedly.

Of course, finally.

" Has it really, you do know that my parents came with me all the way here. "

She laughs, " your family is shit no offense. "

No shit Sherlock.

" None taken. " I sigh rubbing my eyes that already feel itchy and dry.

At least they won't be here long.

" Say if you happen to meet my brother, can you tell him to bring his sorry ass home. We miss him. " She says and I put the phone on speaker as I start taking off the contacts.

" Don't you speak to him. " I ask her.

" Well he won't listen to me that's for sure. "

I sigh. When we were in middle school, I had a huge crush on Brayden White. But of course it was just a crush it passed. But Morgan being Morgan couldn't let it go. And that was surely a bad experience, cause let's just say Brayden got to know about it and I got friend zoned by a guy for the first time in my life.

" Take it that am a brother you never had. "

But with time I got used to the feeling, and he was right. Now thinking that I could ever have a thing with him gives me chills. And trust me not the good ones.

" Okay, if  I come across Brayden I'll tell him. "

Yeah, New York is a village. I roll my eyes.

" Can I call you later, Mike is has invited his friends over and they are blasting the house with music. " She says and I can faintly hear the blaring of music.

" Who are you talking to, is that Eva. " I hear Mike shouting.

" Get out Mike, and turn down the music. "

" No fair, hey hot stuff. " I can now hear him close enough.

" Mike, hello. "

" Give me my phone you douche.."  that's my cue I end the call.

Those two never seem to get along. Mike is Morgan's little brother whose in middle school. He already has the reputation of the school trouble maker.

Looking into my suitcase I find mostly my designer clothes, heels and accessories. Of course she'd tell the maids to pack these. Taking out my fluffy pajamas I take a quick shower and change into them.

First thing I do when my parents head back home is shopping. The last thing I need is attracting attention here.

The second is looking for an apartment near Colombia, especially since my car hasn't arrived yet.

" Eva come on let's go have dinner. " My mom says out in the corridor.

I open my door only enough for my head to peep through.

" Aren't we eating here. "

" No, your father says there's a nice restaurant he goes whenever he comes for business. "