chapter fourteen.

Again the typos..

Landon's POV.

I guess he can't take a threat.

" Hello, am Veronica Shay. " The blonde woman beside him says extending her hand.

I eye her from head to toe. Even though my gaze is meant to make her uncomfortable she goes on speaking.

" But I prefer Ronnie. "

" And I prefer you getting out of my sight. " Her eyes almost bulge out as I assume she didn't expect that.

I turn to Victor who looks like he didn't sleep for the last couple of days.

" Mom isn't here scurry off. "

" I wanted to speak to you. "

" With her who is she. "

" Ron.. "

" The woman who dragged your father here so he doesn't sit around sulking. "

Victor threw daggers her way. She only shrugged like there hadn't been a better description.

" Whatever either of you want to tell me, I am not interested. "

I tell them and open the door to get in.

" Landon please hear me out, this once I'll never ask you again. "

Weighing the options I decide to listen to him so that he can never come here again.

" Let me remind you Victor, when things get ugly am switching sides. " I faintly hear Ronnie as I get in.

" Can we speak somewhere more private. "

He asks ignoring the disbelief look Ronnie is giving him.

Thinks I live in a fucking mansion with a study. I have two options, the bathroom and my room.

" Yeah my room would do. "

" Oh so am gonna stand guard like a dog here. " Ronnie asks him crossing her hands.

" No, you can have a seat. " I tell her sarcastically going up the stairs.

Victor tries not to laugh, " keep Diane company when she arrives. You could make an awesome friend. "

Or enemy.

When I get in I threw my bag on my bed. Taking off my shoes and socks throwing them somewhere around, while Victor Looked around his eyes resting on my table where I kept most of my exams, books and paperwork.

" You have nice grades. " He says his hands in his pockets.

" Am assuming you didn't come for a tour Mr Russo. "

he lets out a long tired sigh.

" Landon I know that for the past couple of years you grew up hating me. And am not complaining, I actually deserve it. "

I only cross my hands as he goes on speaking.

" If times were different, it wouldn't have happened like that. "

" Exactly, and times are different okay. It has already happened. You had a great life without me or my mom stop pulling us into the picture. "

" I know that I have not completely lost you. Even if I never had you. " he says in a small voice barely audible but I hear him.

" And when did that thought come into your mind. " I challenge.

" It has always been there. "

I scoff. He really thinks am that easy.

" You must think am too stupid, huh Mr Russo. Anyone looking at you can see what you want them to. But I am different. If your precious son hadn't died we would have been the last thought occuring in your mind. "

He looks away.

" You think I'll just come and replace your golden boy. "

" I am not replacing Carlos. "

" Of course you aren't. But tell me the truth Mr Russo, if Carlos was alive today would you have been here. Wasting your time apologizing to your nuisance of a child. "

He remained silent for a while. Obviously calculating his next words.

" Maybe it's true, that I came all the way here because Carlos' death triggered me. But I really do mean it when I say am sorry. "

I could only feel my jaw ticking.

" You can't make me come back with your apology though. Am an adult and I will be leaving soon stop feeding me a load of bullshit and leave. "

I get up opening the door for him.

He looks tired and defeated. " I have already lost one son, I can't afford loosing another one. "

" News flash Mr Russo, you and your selfish ass lost him years ago. "

" I'd do anything, please let me fix this. "

I never pictured him to be the desperate type, but surely I don't know the guy.

I laugh, am actually loosing it. Literally seeing red.

" Fix it, fix it. Go ahead rewind the years then go back in time fix it so I wouldn't be a grown up so soon, wipe away my scars. Fix it, how, how do you plan on doing that. " I mock him.

" How the fuck damn it !. "

Either he is a really good actor or he is actually sincere. It almost makes me feel bad.

" You can't, can you. I thought so. "

I hadn't noticed that my lash out was so loud that my mom and Ronnie were already standing at the stairs.

" What happened, are you okay. " Mom asks to no one in particular.

" I will give it up. " He says almost as if trying to convince himself. A rushed decision.

All our eyes snap to him.

" Victor, " Ronnie is the first to exclaim.

" What's it meaning if am handing it to a total stranger, Ronnie. "

" Good, loose it along with everything you put first before considering how we felt. " I say even though I sound mean and heartless.

" Landon that's enough. Victor please leave, now. "

" It's not enough mom. It doesn't pay half the struggle you went through. It doesn't pay when we slept in the streets untill Bob decided to help us. It doesn't pay for you sacrificing your dreams.. " I want to go on and on why it isn't enough but she raises her hand stopping me.

" I know, but that's not how I raised you. You are more than that. "

I remain quiet. Obviously the realization I made makes him remorseful, I want to tell him how much my mom suffered because of him, until he wishes he never met her, but yes I am more than this.

If I should have my revenge, at least I should do it Carter's style. If he wants a son that bad I should save him the trouble.

" I agree. " Everything in the room stops. I even feel the air shift.

" What. " I hear a variation of different tones but recognizing mostly my mom's amazed but confused one.

" After my senior year, I will go to New York. "

Victor Russo looks like all air has been sucked out of his lungs. Until Ronnie shakes him.

" Thank you, you have no idea how much it means to me. "

Oh but I do have an idea.

And it involves making sure the rest of your life is hell.

Sorry it's a single chapter but I'll write more aight.

Don't miss the star.

Yours
Dalos.