chapter fifteen.

Landon's POV

" What was that. " Mom is the first to ask after they all leave.

" Can you let me sleep mom. " I ask her.

" No, absolutely not. You will tell me what all of this is about. " She demanded folding her hands.

" Nothing okay. Don't overthink it "

" I will not let you get any close to his kind of people. "

" Why are you getting so worked up about it what happened to supporting me to be a great business man. "

" Not through him. Listen I supported you because I know you were hell bent on achieving it ever since you were younger. And you know I don't like such kind of things. Worst of all him. "

True my mom didn't want me to pursue business ever since I was younger, probably because Mr Russo left her .. us, for business but once she saw my determination she decided to give it a go and give a chance for my dream since she was stripped off hers.

" It's just like a stepping stone mom. "

" But really tell me what gave you the idea. "

" What. "

" Am your mother Landon. I know you more than anyone, and am sure you're planning on something "

" Oh really what gave you that idea. " I ask sitting up in bed.

She looks at me stubbornly not accepting to let it go.

" to give him a hard time. That's all am saying. "

She laughs. I raise my brow.

" We surely do think alike don't we. "

" What a mother I have. " I shake my head. She laughs harder.

" Though that's not what I had in store. But let me warn you Victor, is complex to understand. What ever you do make sure it doesn't backfire. "

She finished that and headed for the door.

" Oh and Landon, i don't want to ever hear you going to fight in that club whatever. "

" Ah right I didn't tell you Hellen's dad asked me to work at his company. "

" That's good. I really don't like seeing you getting hurt. "

***

" You what, oh my God am so proud of you. "

I looked at Hellen weirdly. After telling her that I will go to New York and leave her here friendless this was not the reaction I expected.

" Proud?!. " I ask to clarify.

" Yes Landon very few people have the courage to reconcile with there abandoned parents or kids. And you gave your father a chance to make up. "

I scoff, then even if it's not the funniest thing I find myself laughing. And it's time for her to raise her brow.

" Give him a chance. Let me make this clear. There is nothing like a chance. "

" But you accepted going.. "

" yeah it doesn't mean I am forgiving him. Listen glitters, as much as you love movies at least try putting the situation in reality. "

" Landon.. "

" No " I cut her off, " what if it were you, think about it. You have to suffer for eighteen freaking years. And just because his son dies he comes over. ' I am so sorry Hellen, come live with me so you'll take over my business. "