twenty four

Chapter written in haste, sorry about typos.
Evelyn.

" Columbia, huh!. " Brayden acknowledged.

Currently sitting across from him during our dinner we've been talking about everything trying to catch up on the year gaps.

It actually feels nice to speak to someone familiar. For the last week I'd say Cindy could easily lit up my day but ever since Jes mentioned about his brother being sick she just seems off.

And I don't blame her for leaving me in the dark, I have only just known the girl and it's not like I tell her everything.

" So you don't seem very business-ish to me. " I ask him because from what I know of the White family is that Brayden White like me is supposed to take over his father's company.

" I don't have to dress like a business man to take business Eva. " he says eying my outfit.

" Point made. " I look at my self, dressed in a comfortable hoodie and jeans.

" But you do look different, like very from what I remember. "

" Well people change. He says with an unrecognizable tone. Clearly looking troubled.

I am sure he isn't okay, I've known Brayden my whole life not exactly but you know what I mean. And he really loves his family even though he was so dedicated to school work, that was never a distraction.

" You seem troubled, what's wrong... " After being hesitant for a while I decided to chip in my suspicions.

One, even though everyone was swooning over him at school I really have never seen him with a girlfriend.

" Are you gay. " His eyebrows shot up, his shoulders that looked tensed eased as he let out a low laugh.

" And why would that trouble me, it's the 21st century, but to answer your question no. "

" Well is it drugs -- "

" Oh my God no. Why would you think that. " I shrugged.

He sighs, " it's a really long story and we met up to catch up and be happy. "

" We are catching up. Whatever is troubling you, if you think hiding it from your family is helping it, it isn't. "

" Okay, I don't want to study business, I haven't been studying business. " He says looking far past me.

" You are joking. "

" See this is why I don't tell anyone. Am serious about this, I'm taking photography and graphics designing. "

The look on his face showed that he was dead serious.

" Okay wow, well I don't know what to say. "

" Why is that. " He asks crossing his arms over his chest.

" I don't know, maybe because am used of seeing you all perfect and I don't know what to advise you. "

" Well now am just Brayden White, not perfect. Your friend whose in need of an advice. " He says now leaning on the table crossing his fingers.

For one, I have never thought of the day I'd sit and advice Brayden, he's always the one that advised me.

" I think, you should follow your heart. As cliche as it sounds you should tell your parents. I mean obviously this life likes you." I try joking.

" It does, doesn't it. " He runs his hand into his shoulder length golden hair.

" Definitely, I mean if you aren't seeing anyone I'd be shocked. "