chapter nine.

Landon's POV.

So that day what I came to put together was that Mr Russo was looking for my mom and I.

Out of the blue. If this dick head thinks he can come waltzing back into our perfect lives he is so damn wrong.

" Mom am sure he wouldn't come here. You said he was smart. "

My mom looks at me unbelievingly.

" Am serious. And stop acting like he'll give you a death wish when he comes. "

" Am going to work. " She says suspending the topic.

" Why now. I thought you only took afternoon shifts. "

" Well I decided to work full time now. "

" Mom. "

" What Landon the bills need to be paid.. and don't feed me crap that you'll take extra matches it's your final year start focusing on school work I don't enjoy seeing you all bursted. "

My mom never has outbursts as stupid as this.

" What are you talking about mom am doing great in school work. You give me a pep talk everyday to whoop their asses. "

" Am serious baby. You work so hard and I sit around being a lazy and useless mom. "

" Hey you aren't useless. Lazy yes.. useless no. " I say and she rolls her eyes.

" I know I cook and do the laundry and clean the house more times than you... "

" Really helping Landon. " She remarks satirically.

"My  point is you are not useless at all cause you work too. Infact I always protect my face so that I can one day bring you some pretty girl. " I joke.

She laughs.

" Am still taking that shift though. See you in the evening. "

" Whatever you do woman. "

She rolled her eyes and left.

I sat finishing up my breakfast when I heard a honking sound outside. I peeked through the window only to see Hellen's blue Audi outside.

What's she doing here.

Picking up my bag I get out locking the door and go over.

" Morning. " She says happily.

" What's up with you. "

"Can't a girl be happy Landon. " She says starting the car.

" Why did you pick me up. I wanted to make my bike entrance. "

She laughs. " The one that always leaves girls swooning. "

"Yes, the exact same one. "

" Well today you could just make a nice entrance with your world wide bestie. "

" Don't say that. It sounds girly. " I tell her.

" Really, maybe it's because am a girl. "

" Yeah yeah. " I say, suddenly the thought of Mr Russo looking for my mom returns to me.