chapter six.

Since am not sure if you got it.. here chapter six and seven

Landon's POV.

" Carter. " Miss Jones calls out to me handing out our quizzes.

" Nicely done. " She says handing me my paper.

Everyone in class is staring at me. As usual. I have the urge to cuss at them and tell them not to stare. As usual.

" What you looking at. " I snap.

As the class ends miss Jones asks me to stay behind.

" Yes miss Jones. " I say impatiently.

" Landon, I have been your teacher for almost two years. After Mr Chadwick left. You are an excellent student. "

" Am guessing you called me to tell me something I don't know about. "

I say referring to her previous sentence. Don't I already know am smart.

" I just wanted to tell you that, the rumors have been on about you. Even though you have an outstanding performance in school this could tarnish your college applications. "

" Miss Jones, do I look like someone to care about rumors. Infact you of all people should not believe in rumors. "

" And I have a reason not to ? " She asks.

" I mean, for a beautiful and educated person like yourself.. "

One among my talents appears to be working just fine as I see her cheeks and ears flash.

" I suppose it is nonsense. " She says assuring herself.

" There you go.. don't let them get to you. "

" Right.. also you know you won't be in highschool forever Carter. "

" Sorry.. " I asked confusedly

" I mean.. " she opens a file, " one day you'll go to college where group assignments are credited. "

" What are you implying. " I ask already knowing where this is going.

" Your communication skills are way behind. You don't speak to the people you study with. "

"Until then I'll figure something out. For the mean time I can't force myself to work with a bunch of p.. "

" Language. " She stops me before I finish.

" Potatoes,.. I was gonna say potatoes " she gives me a look. Then sighs.

" Sorry for keeping you. Run along now "

I go out of the class and see I have already missed half a new period.

I don't bother going knowing shchool time is almost over.

And as I make a way out of the building. I see Helen also coming.

Is it over already.

" Oh there he is, my oh so gorgeous best friend with the brain size of Kansas it self. "

" Shouldn't that be you. " I ask her.

" Why so. "

" I mean you are gorgeous and have a brain small as Kansas. "

" Kansas is huge, Landon. " she counters.

" Meh ..  I don't know, you refer to me use ' Landon my handsome breathtaking best friend with a brain size of USA itself. "

" And this is why we never lasted you cocky son of a bagel. "

I laugh. " You are being very friendly Helen, my father wasn't a bagel. "