three

~Leonardo

I slammed the car door closed and walked into the warehouse. It was Tuesday, 8 in the morning, and I was not in the mood for bullshit.

I walked past the lounge area, where most of my men were currently sitting around, and went up to my office. When I walked in, my 4 most trusted men and best friends were waiting. As usual, Enzo was eating something, he's always eating, I have no clue how he stays in shape. Giovanni, was sitting on the couch typing away on his laptop. Killian was cleaning one of many guns that he owns and Theo was leaning against the wall, engrossed on his phone.

I cleared my throat. "so, what happened?"

Gio was the first to speak, he looked up from his computer, making eye contact.

"Russians."

That one word made my blood boil. They'd left us alone for almost a year now, why did they have to come back?

"Merda, Where?" I asked coldly.

"LA" Enzo replied, reading off the laptop screen over Gio's shoulder. "They're planning something and they were spotted near the club a few days ago." He continued, still chewing.

"Okay firstly, don't talk with your mouth full. Secondly, do we know why?"

"No. All we know is they're up to something." Enzo answered, again, still chewing. This time it was Killian who hit the back of his head. I nodded to him as a thank you.

"I suggest we go over, see what they're doing. We'll leave one of the other capo regimes in charge, I'm sure Matteo can handle it, and besides, we'll only be gone a week or so." Killian shrugged.

A chorus of agreements were said amongst the others so I nodded and told them to go and start packing. They all left except for Enzo.

"LA? Isn't that where Aria's flight was headed?" He asked and I nodded. It had been over a month since the encounter at the airport and I still can't seem to get her pretty little face out of my head. I still have the necklace she forgot, I keep it in my suit jacket pocket, to keep her close - it feels disrespectful to wear her things without permission.

"Yeah, I don't know whether I should try and find her or let her live her life. I would only put her in danger."

"Woah, what the hell happened to 'She's the future donna of the italian mafia' ?" He asked, quoting exactly what I said 6 weeks ago. "I thought she was the one?"

"She is. She is the one, I know it, but I don't know if I could be selfish enough to bring her into this world."

"Leo, I know you. You never fall for girls. Ever. And you've fallen for this one in a blink of an eye. She makes you happy. That's all you need to think about. If she makes you happy and you make her happy then I know you will protect her with everything you have, and you know we all will. She's our Donna after all." He chuckled at the end.

"You're right. I'll try. But only if I see her. I'm not going to go looking to ruin her life, okay?"

"You're stubborn fratello, yeah okay, I guess I'll deal with that." he shrugged. Enzo then turned and left, leaving me alone in my office.

I walked over to my desk and sat down, preparing to fill out some paperwork before we head over to LA later that night. I pulled open my desk drawer to get a file when I noticed the napkin Aria left behind when we were at the airport.

Now, I know what you're thinking, yeah it's kinda weird that you kept a napkin, but it's one of the few things that reminds me of her, and anything that reminds me of her is like gold to me. Besides, she wrote me a note on this napkin and I have no intention to get rid of that any time soon.

I unfolded the napkin, a grin instantly coming to my face looking at all the odd doodles she did on the napkin, there were various stick men, some music notes and even an ice cream. But, in the bottom corner of the napkin was my favourite bit. She wrote me a note and it always makes me smile.

Next time, choose a more exciting drink, Leo. You'll never learn to appreciate anything if you can't try a different coffee ;) -Aria x

I smiled, placing the napkin back in my desk and starting my paperwork.

~~~

Nine hours later, I had finally finished all my work. I left my office, making sure to put the napkin inside my pocket with her necklace. If I see her, I want to be able to give it back. I walked out of the warehouse, nodding to the guards that were on duty as I left.

I drove back to my house silently, no music, no noise, just me. It does get lonely, but I'm used to it by now.

I showered and packed my bags before locking the door and heading towards the airport.

When I arrived, Enzo and Gio were waiting outside the jet for me.

"The others are already on board, Don." Gio nodded in respect.

"Thank you, Gio. You can head on up, I need to talk to Enzo privately." I replied. He nodded, turning to go up the steps.

"You're scared shitless aren't you?" Enzo smirked.

"Of the Russians? Fuck no."

"Not the Russians, stronzo. Of seeing her again." he rolled his eyes.

I chose to ignore the insult. "Yeah. What if-"

"She won't. Now, can we go? I'm starving." He cut me off and walked up the stairs. I rolled my eyes, following him up the steps.

~~~

14 hours, all of which, Enzo spent talking and chewing simultaneously, Killian spent hitting Enzo, Gio spent typing on his laptop, Theo was sleeping and I thinking, we finally landed in LA.

We all took one car, which was a huge mistake. I seemed to forget how much I hate sharing a car with these people. It seemed like hours before we arrived at our house in LA and as soon as the car stopped in the driveway I escaped the four-wheeled prison.

As I laid in bed that night, one thought, or rather, one person, came to my mind. Before I drifted off to sleep, my last thought was;

I'm going to be selfish, she will be the Donna of the Italian mafia and I'm not giving her up.

Ever.

~~~

Author's Note:

Vote + comment x

<3