eighteen

~Leo

Two weeks.

Two fucking weeks.

That's how long I have been without my baby. 

Every time we get close, we lose the trace or they move. Everyone is working overtime to help find her. Gio works 14 hour days trying to track IP adresses, bank cards, number plates, anything to help. 

Killian has been working with the other caporegimes to help with training. Everyone is ready and waiting in case we need to attack. 

Enzo and Theo have been with me for this whole time and I know this is taking its toll, on everyone. Theo's lost his sister, Enzo's lost his best friend, we've all lost something.

I've lost the love of my life. 

I don't sleep in our room anymore, I couldn't knowing that Aria's out there all alone and in pain. I couldn't cope with sleeping in our bed without her, so I got the maids to move my belongings into a spare room on the estate. 

I was currently in my office, re-watching the cctv from that day for what seemed like the thousandth time. When her bodyguards came in and told me what had happened, I was livid. I punched them both and it took Theo, Enzo and Killian to hold me back until I had calmed down. 

I was about to press play again on the video, hoping that I would find anything to help us find her but I was distracted by an email from a random address in my inbox. It had no subject, just and image attached and some text underneath. 

I clicked onto the email and my heart stopped. The picture was of Aria. 

She was on the floor, her hands and feet chained to the wall. Her hair was matted and her clothes were ripped and dirty. But that wasn't what made me stop breathing for a second. 

It was the pool of blood that she was lying in. Her top was stained in blood and her eyes were closed. 

I still had hope, that she was still alive, but the caption that was written underneath the picture crushed that hope into dust.

Such a nice girl she was, Leo, shame she died so quick, I wanted more fun with her :( 

I slammed my laptop screen down and got up from my desk.

I needed air.

She was my air. 

She was my everything. 

I loved her.

I still love her.

And I didn't get to tell her that. 

I stormed out of my office and down the stairs into the kitchen, where I noticed that the guys were standing. 

"Leo? You okay?" Theo asked. 

"She's dead." I whispered, a single tear rolling down my cheek as it finally sank in.

"W-What?" Theo asked, his voice breaking.

"She's fucking dead! They sent me a picture! A picture of her dead body. In a pool of her own blood! She's fucking dead Theo. Aria is dead. And it's my fucking fault. It's my fault that she's dead and I will never forgive myself." I yelled.

I was faced with silence. Everyone was staring at the floor, and I could see that they all had tears in their eyes, even Killian. 

I walked straight past them all and into the garden. I walked past the shed where she was taken and into the walled garden.