seven

~Leonardo

I looked towards Aria, silent tears streaming down her perfect face. I reached my hand towards her cheek and wiped her tears.

"Baby?"

She looked up at me, her innocent green eyes leaving me in a trance, even when they were full of tears.

"Collect whatever you need mi amore, you're staying with me so I know that you're safe." I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. She nodded, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards what I assumed to be her bedroom.

When we entered, she gasped, leaving my side. She walked towards her wardrobe, opening a small box hidden underneath some other items. She opened it and a sigh of relief left her pretty little lips.

"I still have it." She turned towards me, the biggest smile on her smile. She's so pure. Someone has destroyed almost everything she owns and she still manages to find positives.

I slowly walked towards her, gently kneeling down next to her. "What is it baby?" I asked, putting my arm around her shoulder which made her lean on my chest.

"The only thing I have left of my family." She answered. "My parents, they- they passed away when I was 15. That's why I live in LA. My only family left was my mother's best friend, my Aunt Ophelia. So I came here to live with her. I also have, well, had an older brother." She continued.

"Had?" I asked. I wasn't trying to be nosey, I just wanted to get to know her.

"Yeah he, um, left. a few weeks after he turned 18, he just, left. He didn't say goodbye or anything. He left me in April and my parents died 6 months later, in October. That was eight years ago."

"I'm so sorry baby, you shouldn't have had to go through that, but don't worry, you'll have me and the guys now, I promise."

She looked up at me, happiness shining through her eyes. "Thank you, Leo. I've never had friends before." She stroked my cheek. That movement alone could've made me fall asleep. We sat in silence for a while.

"Leo?"

I hummed in response.

"Today would have been Theo's birthday." she whispered. Theo? As in the Theo that is back at the house? I have to be honest, there was a resemblance and Aria did seem a little lost after she said hello to him but I just assumed it was because she was shy. Was Theo her brother? Now that I think about it, he never spoke about or visited his family and he always dodged any questions on that matter.

I looked down at the beauty and realised that she had fallen asleep in my arms. I stood up, careful not to wake up Aria. I picked up the small duffel bag and box that she had packed. Her room seemed to be quite bare and she seemed to only have packed what was necessary and important to her. I looked around her apartment one more time, clenching my jaw again at the message on the wall before walking out with my world in my arms. When I got to the car, I laid her down on the back seats and sat in the driver's seat. I pulled out my phone to text Enzo.

L: Is it Theo's birthday today?

E: Uh, Yeah, Duh. You've been friends with him for 8 years. Jeez, what a friend.

L: Shut up. Are you all back at the house?

E: Yeah. We did all the training and stuff this morning so we could chill this afternoon.

L: Okay.

I then opened Theo's contact on my phone, ignoring Enzo's following messages.

L: We need to talk. Wait In my office. I'll be there in 10.