twenty nine

~Leo

"What if she doesn't turn up?" I paced outside of the church

I groaned as Enzo punched my arm. 

"You're stupider than I thought if you think that she isn't going to turn up. I don't know how, but that woman is in love with you." 

"Yeah, don't worry, Leo. She'll be here." Gio muttered. 

Today was my wedding day. 

I'm going to be a husband. 

I'm going to have a wife.

And I can't fucking wait. 

Aria decided that we should get married on the anniversary of when we first met, and that suggestion alone made me fall in love with her even more. 

"Theo's texted me. They're on their way." Enzo whispered in my ear. 

 I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked into the church followed by Enzo, my best man, and my groomsmen, Gio and Killian. I greeted all of our guests as I walked up to the altar. 

A few minutes had passed when a Bruno Mars song started playing, very loudly. 

I knew what this meant, and it wasn't the arrival of Aria. 

Everyone turned towards the end of the aisle as our 'flowerboys' made an appearance. 

After a lot of begging, Nikolai and Sebastian, were allowed to be our flower boys. We didn't have any young children in either of our families, and Aria thought it would be a funny idea and that they were included. 

I still think it's ludicrous. 

They both had matching Navy suits on, with bum bags wrapped around their waists, presumably filled with petals. They danced and basically made a fool of themselves all the way down the aisle, all while throwing rose petals all over the place. 

Granted, it was quite funny and everyone else found it funny too, so I guess they achieved their goal, but all I really wanted was to see Aria now. 

A further few minutes later, the priest asked everyone to stand as the classical music Aria picked out played throughout the echoing church. 

Bria, Astrid and then Genevieve all walked up the aisle and formed a diagonal line opposite where my groomsmen were stood. Enzo then tapped my shoulder, silently telling me that Aria was here. I wasted no time in turning around and my breath was instantly stolen. 

There she was, holding onto her brother's arm, a nervous smile on her face as she smiled and waved at all of our guests. 

She was wearing a gorgeous dress, it highlighted every single part of her body perfectly and it made her look like a fucking angel.

My angel.

When she finally reached me, Theodore put her hand in mine and gave a nod and a small smile as he moved to sit down beside my parents in the front row. 

"You look stunning, my love." I whispered as I watched her face heat up. 

"So do you." she mumbled, while looking at our hands, the engagement ring still firmly planted on her ring finger. 

The priest then started talking but I didn't really hear anything he was saying, it was only when he got to the 'I do's' that I started paying attention. 

Aria slid the ring onto my finger, her face breaking out in a huge smile as she did so. I did the same to her, it fitting together perfectly with her engagement ring as we had requested.