twenty three

~Aria

"No way you did that!"

"Of course I did! I'm his little sister why wouldn't I?"

It's been about a week since everything... happened.

I know that today is the day that Leo and Nikolai are going to kill Dmitri. He told me that he was detained in the cells last week but he left early this morning and I haven't seen him all day.

I'm currently sitting in the living room with the girls and Enzo. He was asked to go and help Leo, but he said he would rather sit here with us.

He told Leo it was for "protection purposes".

Bullshit.

He wanted a gossip.

I'm not complaining though.

"Well, nothing can top what I did to Theo when we were young."

"Okay, now you have to tell us!"

Bria, Astrid and Enzo were sitting with me and I know they were told to distract me. Even though they have denied it.

"Well, we had this pond at the bottom of our garden. With loads of frogs, I'll just say he had more than one slimy visitor in his room that night." I laughed.

Everyone started laughing at that, which made me laugh even harder. I've realised now that these people are my family. I know that ever since I found out about the mafia, I've been injured, but these moments have been some of the best of my life. I can honestly say that I couldn't live without any of these people now.

"So enough of that. Ria. What have you and Leo been up to." Bria wiggled her eyebrows at me.

I felt a blush coating my face and neck. "Nothing actually. We've said 'I love you', but honestly I just want to take it slow. I'm not sure if I'm ready for anything else right now. I've never.. done anything else." I whispered.

"Shit! You're a virgin?" Astrid asked.

"Um.. yeah. No guys ever really paid attention to me. I was the weird British orphan." I explained.

"Damn. Still, I understand where you're coming from. It is a big step, especially for your first time." She smiled, taking a sip of her lemonade.

"Enough about me. Enzo, what's going on between you and Killian?" I asked. He had told Bria and Astrid a few days ago, saying that he wanted us three to know before he built up the courage to tell the others.

"Um, okay. We've been talking a lot and we were training together for hours yesterday, I just don't want to ruin anything."

"No. I say you go for it. I think he's into you." Astrid nudges his shoulder.

"Yeah! And you guys would be such a cute couple!" Bria squeals.

I only nod in agreement. Enzo already knows how much I want them to get together, I bug him about it 24/7.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing. Seeing that it's Leo, I instantly accept and walk out of the living room to give myself some more privacy.

"Amore?"

Every time he talks to me in Italian, I melt.

"Yeah?"

"Look, I'm sure you've already figured it out, but the guys and I are dealing with Dmitri today, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to say anything to them. You don't have to at all, I just wanted you to have the option and to know that if you would like to, you are welcome to come down and that they will not be able to touch you."