five

~Leonardo

I had been here two days. Nothing has happened whatsoever. Well, Enzo has become even more annoying, if possible. But that's it.

"LEONARDO ROMANO!"

speak of the devil

Enzo barged into my office, obviously completely disregarding manners, manners like to knock, or say hello. Instead, he dumped a large bag of what seemed to be books on my desk.

"Do you fucking mind?"

"Yes actually. I do mind. I need you to do me a favour."

"How about no. I don't do favours. Especially not for people who I pay to do me favours."

At my answer, a very loud whine escaped Enzo's mouth.

"Leooooo, please. All you need to do is take these down to the library. I would do it, but Killian needs my help with something." He explained.

I sighed. I really didn't want to help Enzo, but I also didn't want to do this fucking work. I've been in a terrible mood. Knowing that I'm so close to Aria, but stuck inside.

"Fine."

He jumped up, clapping his hands together like a 5 year old.

"YAY! thanks Leo! You won't regret it!" He cheered and then ran out of my office.

I ran my hand over my face, standing up and stretching before grabbing the bag of books with one hand and walking out of my office. Why did Enzo even borrow these books? He only reads ones with pictures and even then it takes him about 6 months.

~~~

I looked up at the large, majestic building. 'Library' was on the front in ornate gold letters. I took a deep breath and walked in.

When I walked in, my breath hitched. I was expecting to find an elderly lady, with glasses on a chain.

But what I found was a million times better.

Aria.

She was here. Right here.

She didn't hear me come through the door, too engrossed in the book she was reading. I could hear her humming along to a song, similar to the way we first met.

I walked right up to the desk, a gentle smile on my face. She still hadn't realised that I was there so I cleared my throat.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, how can I help-" she looked up and she froze. Once it had sunk in, she smiled the biggest smile I have ever seen.

"Leo!" She leaned over the desk and tried to give me a hug but because I was so tall, she only ended up hugging my torso.

"Hello, amore."

She blushed at the endearment and leant back in her chair, starting to play with her fingers.

"So, um, what are you doing here? Not that I don't want you here! I just- yeah I'll stop talking now." She stated, all in one breath.

I chuckled. "Just for a business trip." I replied, deciding it's probably better to not tell her I'm here to kill some men.

"Wow, your job must be very important and fancy if you had to come all the way over here." She sighed.

If only she knew.

"Yeah," I began, "Aria, I have something for you, amore," I said and I pulled her necklace out of my suit pocket. She gasped.

"my necklace! You found it! How-"

"You left it on the table, bambina"

"Oh. Oops." She smiled sheepishly, taking the necklace from my hands. She was trying to attach the necklace but it kept slipping from her hands.