eleven

~Aria

Faint beeping brought me out of my sleep. I slowly opened my eyes and I was met with white. White walls, white sheets, white door. I was wondering where I was and then it all came back to me.

Park. Rain. Gun. Bullet. Mafia.

Mafia.

Leo, my brother and my only friends were all part of the mafia.

I was shot because of the mafia.

I almost died because of the mafia.

But I'm also in love because of the mafia.

Despite everything that has happened, I still can't find it in me to hate any of these people. They are still some of the most important people to me. I can't imagine what they must have gone through, especially Leo.

Oh my goodness, Leo. Do they know I'm here? Do they still think I'm in my room? Oh my goodness.

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening. I looked up and all I felt was relief.

Leo.

He's here. He's okay.

"Hey bambina, you probably can't hear me, I'm sorry I was gone for so long. I know I said 5 minutes and I was actually 17 minutes, I just wanted to go and get you a few things, I got you some roses and your pillow from home-" Leo had kept his eyes down, but when he looked up his eyes immediately filled with tears. He placed the things in his hands on the table and rushed over to my side.

"Aria? Aria baby, y-you're awake"

It was now that I realised. I wasn't scared. Leo won't hurt me. He's been nothing but gentle and loving since we met. He won't do anything. None of the guys would.

"Baby? Baby talk to me." Leo snapped me out of my thoughts, stroking the hair out of my face gently.

Tears welled in my eyes. I have put him through so much. "I'm sorry, Leo." I whimpered.

"Sorry? What for baby? You haven't done anything wrong, tesoro." He reassured me.

"I'm s-sorry for running away and overreacting, not hearing you all out, I just wanted to talk to my parents about it, I didn't know I was gonna get sh-shot and I-" By this point I was crying, tears streaming down my face.

Leo climbed onto the bed and gently pulled me onto his lap, carefully avoiding my bandaged stomach. "shh, shh, baby you did nothing wrong. It was the bastard that shot you, it was his fault, not yours. You did absolutely nothing wrong, and you didn't overreact I'm sure all of us would have reacted similarly."

"y-your not breaking up with me?"

"Of course not Aria! I'm surprised you're not breaking up with me." He chuckled nervously.

"I would never! You're mine Leo, and I'm yours. But you have got a lot of explaining to do Mister." I pouted, pushing my index finger into his chest.

"Of course, amore mio."

"Now, explain Mr Romano." I said.

"Okay, so, Enzo was right. We are all part of the mafia. I was hoping to tell in a few days, but more gentle than the way you found out. I was planning on explaining everything to you, but I guess Enzo's big mouth beat me to it." We both laughed at that.

"Your brother, Enzo, Gio, Killian and myself are all part of the italian mafia. We are one of the, if not strongest mafia and we have the most members. Currently, we have multiple bases in Italy, as well as a few in Britain and bases in over 30 states. I am the Don, or Capo, which is the head, or 'Boss'." He paused to make sure I understood. I nodded in response.