sixteen

*pov change in this chapter*

~Leo

It's been a few weeks since Aria and I had the library date. We usually go the library 3-4 times a week at the end of the day after we both have finished our work. Gio is telling me that she is actually really proficient in coding and hacking, and that she's already better than some people in the team. 

What can I say? My baby is fucking awesome. 

The Russians are still sending threats and we are nowhere near catching the bastards. Every time we think we've found them, they move location. They got smart, normally they would already be dead. 

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by someone clicking their fingers in front of my face. I look down and smile at Aria's cute little face that's adorned with a look of confusion. If anyone else clicked their fingers at me, I would have cut them off. 

But not Aria.

She's the only one that can do that.

"What were you thinking so hard about?" She asked, taking another sip of her coffee.

We were currently in the kitchen finishing off our breakfast before we both go our separate ways for the day. I hate that she insists to help somewhere else, I would love to have her in my office at all times, so that I know she's safe, but I can't keep her locked up so I'll just have to deal with it. 

"Nothing amore mio" I lied

"Russians isn't it? I've told you, Leo, I'm safe, you're protecting me, and I'm a badass so they'll never get me." She answered, holding her fists up at the end in a kind of fighting stance although it just made her look even cuter. 

"I know, I know, Cuore mio, but I can't shake the feeling that something awful is going to happen."

"Well, how about I only train with Gio in the morning and I'll bring you lunch and sit in your office in the afternoon? Then we can go to the library afterwards." she asked, rubbing her thumb across my cheek. 

"Yes, Come to my office at 1pm, grazie amore mio."

"no problem Bello" She smiled, kissing my lips and walking off in the direction of the tech unit. I nodded at the two bodyguards assigned to her to follow her and informed them of the plan for her to meet me at 1pm. They left swiftly, following their Donna who was humming while walking to meet Gio.

Begrudgingly, I walked to my office. Time for another day of paperwork. Yay.

~~~

Growing up in the mafia, I was taught to never panic and to always stay calm. Well, right now, I'm panicking.

It's currently 1:30pm and Aria still isn't here. 

"Dude, chill, you know Ria, she probably lost track of time or something." Enzo explains, putting another handful of crisps in his mouth.

"I have a bad feeling Enzo." 

"Leo, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Enzo's probably right." Theo speaks up.

"Hey! Rude!" Enzo yells.

"What? It's true!" Theo responds. 

I cut them both off. "Stai Zitto. Gio? where's Aria?"

What he replied with made my panic even worse. 

"With you isn't she? She left at 12:30 to make lunch and see you." 

I was about to respond when my door swung open. 

"What the fuck?" I yelled, until I realised they were Aria's bodyguards. 

And no Aria. 

"Bye, Gio!" I waved as I left the tech unit

"Bye, Gio!" I waved as I left the tech unit. I decided to leave a little earlier to have time to make lunch. 

I smiled at my bodyguards. Leo is a little paranoid so he assigned two for me at all times when he wasn't with me. I figure it was probably easier if I didn't argue with him and just accepted it. They both gave me bowed their heads and followed me downstairs. 

I still need to get used to the whole bowing thing.

I decided to make sandwiches for us, remembering to make extra for Samuel and Nero, my bodyguards and Enzo and Theo because I'm 95% sure they'll come into Leo's office for lunch. 

After about 10 minutes I had finished making the sandwiches and had grabbed all the other food. Now I just needed something to carry it in. I remembered that there was a picnic basket in the garages outside. 

I walked out to the back door, noticing that Samuel and Nero were still following me. 

"Guys, I'm just going to to garage, I'll be fine, I promise." I smiled. Hesitantly, they both stayed in the kitchen while I went to look for the picnic basket. 

I walked into the garage and saw the basket straight away. I also grabbed a blanket so we could have a picnic in Leo's office. 

It will also prevent a sea of crumbs going everywhere courtesy of Enzo.

I turned to walk out when the door slammed closed. 

Okay, now I'm scared. 

I turned around to find the light switch but instead a large hand clamped down over my mouth. He had a rag in his hand that was pressed lightly over my nose and mouth. I knew there was some sort of chemical on it, it smelt like it. I tried to hold my breath for as long as possible, but eventually I had to breathe. 

And everything went black. 

~~~

Author's Note:

this chapter is not the best, not really happy w it, but something is actually happening now *yay*

but yeahhh

vote, comment <3

thank you for reading!