twelve

~Leo

"baby," I shook Aria awake. It was currently 3am and we were set up to leave LA for Verona in an hour. However, a certain someone was refusing to wake up.

I was yet again, met with a grumble and unintelligible words.

"Baby, we need to go. The plane leaves in an hour."

Silence.

"I'll get you coffee."

As if by magic, my girlfriend sat up, yawned, and slowly walked into the bathroom to get ready. I chuckled to myself, leaving the room to go and make her coffee.

~~~

20 minutes later, a very sleepy Aria stumbled into the kitchen. She walked up and wrapped her arms around my torso, resting her head on my chest.

Note to self: Aria is not a morning person.

It's been a day since she was discharged from the hospital and she's doing okay, she's still resting and recovering, much to her dismay. Her and Bria have been getting on really well, it's nice that she has another girl to hang out with.

"Muffin, you good?" Theo asked, joining all of us in the kitchen. My baby mumbled some incoherent words, took a sip of her coffee and nuzzled her face back into my chest.

I love it when she does that

"We should get going." Killian stated, picking up a few bags and walking out, probably to put them into the car.

Enzo followed him and the others left not long after. Only Aria and I were left in the kitchen.

"You ready to go, baby?" I asked her.

"Yep. To be honest, I was kind of hoping to leave LA soon anyway, now I get to do it as my hot boyfriend's mafia sidekick." She grinned up at me. She had processed the fact that I was in the mafia and now she was alright with it, saying that "it's like the books" which confused me but I chose not to argue.

I chuckled down at the little angel and gently pressed my lips to hers. "Come on, let's go." I led her outside wrapping a supporting arm around her waist. It was dark and the only lights outside were the cars.

Aria hugged Bria and Sebastian goodbye, thanking them. They couldn't come with us as they were currently in charge of my LA base, they also needed to stay and try to track down any more Russian men that were here.

I led Aria into one of the cars and buckled her in, much to her annoyance.

"I can do it myself, Leo." She huffed as I climbed into the other side.

"I know, amore mio, but I want you to take it easy and whenever I am here, you shall never lift a finger"

She huffed and tried to hide her blush. I kissed her again gently.

"Oi, oi! None of that right now thank you." Enzo interrupted us.

"Cazzo."

At that, Aria slapped my chest lightly, mumbling to me to be nice. Enzo and Killian were now in the car, Killian was driving and Enzo was in the passenger seat. I chose to sit in the back beside my baby.

"Let's go bitches! Back to the land of pasta and hot men!" Enzo cheered in a fake girl's voice, making Aria giggle and Killian and I roll our eyes.

He always does this.

Every single time.

But it made my love laugh, so I won't punch him this once.

Within 30 minutes, we had arrived at the airport. Killian pulled onto the runway and in front of my jet, making Aria laugh.

"You have your own plane?"

Oh Aria baby

"Sì amore"

"Holy nuggets, how rich are you?!" She exclaimed.

I laughed. "Aria, you're dating the don of the italian mafia, I'm quite rich." I explained gently.

"Oh. But damn. You should donate some money to charity baby." She replied casually, unbuckling her seat belt and taking Enzo's outstretched hand, helping her out of the car.

I sat there shocked. I hadn't thought of that. I used to be so selfish and now that Aria is in my life, I don't think I want to be. Except when it comes to my baby. She's mine.

I left the car as well. I ran towards Aria, picking her up before she could try to climb the steps to my jet. I don't want her to re-open her stitches

"Hey!"

"As I said before, when I'm here, you will not lift a finger."

~~~

15 hours later, we touched down in Verona. The flight was as expected; Enzo being an idiot, Aria laughing, Theo and Gio bickering, Killian trying to control Enzo and me trying to cuddle with my baby. 

After a few hours, everyone calmed down and Aria took a nap. On my lap.

Yay :)

"Baby?" Now, we were in the same position as earlier, my sleepy girlfriend, who will not wake up. She grumbled again. As a result of the time difference, it's night here in Verona.

I carefully stood up, Aria still wrapped around me like a koala. I walked down from the jet, nodding to my pilot and staff in gratitude as I left. All 4 of the guys were waiting next to the car for me, although we are on our territory, we still need to be on high alert, especially now that Aria is in our lives. I won't let anything happen to her, again. 

~~~

"Flipping cheese and pickle! This is your house?!" 

She's awake, finally. 

I turned around from the passenger seat. Enzo was driving us and I chose to sit in the front so that Aria could lie down. 

"yes, amore mio, do you like it?" 

"Like it? It's humungous! But yes, I do like it." She smiled.

"Good, because this is all yours now as well." I smiled back.

Her mouth fell open. after a few seconds, she looked me in the eyes, pointed at herself, then the house. 

"Me? Mine? Belongs to me? Yeah... um.. no? I have about $5 in my pocket and probably £100 to my name." She answered.

"My love, you're the donna of the italian mafia. You're a queen in our eyes, and this is your castle." I explained.

"Donna? WHAT? Oh my goodness, holy flipping cheese balls." 

what is it with her and not swearing? Oh well, it's cute.

To try and stop her freaking out anymore, I led her into the house and into my, well, our room. 

"Amore mio, don't worry, I'm here to help you, don't worry about a thing. Now, let's get some sleep, we have to meet my men tomorrow." I said, placing small kisses on her forehead. 

She nodded quietly, lifting her head and pouting her lips, silently asking for a kiss. Of course I complied, placing my lips against hers.

After a few minutes, she pulled away, taking a deep breath. Her lips were swollen and a soft smile was on her beautiful face.

"Come on, my love, let's sleep."

I was lying awake, Aria was fast asleep, her cheek resting on my chest and her hand was laying on my stomach. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

She's the one. I know it. 

~~~

Author's note:

I have exams coming up so updates may be a little slow for a bit :(

vote, comment, share :)

pretty pls <3