Bonus chapter 2

~Aria

"Leo!" I whimpered, staring at the sandals on the floor in front of me.

"Amore? what is it?" he ran into the room, obviously on edge.

"I can't get my shoes on." I pouted.

His shoulders dropped in relief as he knelt down to put my shoes on for me.

The closer I get to full term pregnancy, the more stressed he gets. I'm now 30 weeks pregnant and ever since I reached the third trimester, he has flat-out refused to let me go anywhere on my own.

He's started working from home 3 out of 5 days a week, only really going in for things like interviews and meetings that he can't do online.

This is my third pregnancy, and every single time he's been even more loving and affectionate than the last, if that's possible.

"are you sure you want to wear these, amore?" He looked up at me once he had tied the laces on my converse trainers.

"Why? Do you think they look ugly?" I could already feel the tears threatening to fall.

Damn hormones.

"Oh no, amore mio, I just wanted to make sure they are comfortable for your feet, gorgeous. Nothing more." He wiped the tears from my eyes.

"You're so nice to me!" I whimpered again, kissing his lips.

"Of course, amore, you're carrying my sons in there, you will get only the best of everything."

Oh yeah, we're having twins.

Twin boys.

I already have two.

It's not that I don't love them, I'm just seriously outnumbered.

Christian is now seven, and Luca turned four a few months ago. I can't believe how big my babies have gotten, and I'm only in my thirties. I feel so old.

Both of my sons look exactly like their father, and I'm sure these boys will too. I mean, their father is gorgeous, so it's not that bad. Besides, they both got my green eyes, so at least I contributed in some way, apart from growing them.

But in all seriousness, it isn't how they look that's the problem, it's the fact that my sons have the exact same personality as my husband. Obviously they aren't as sadistic or dirty as my husband, but how they both have learnt how to glare exactly like their father is beyond me.

"Mumma, come on!" The sound of Chris' voice drifted from downstairs. We were all going to my 30-week appointment, as a family. Leo got the boys ready before coming up to help me. He carried me down the stairs and set me down gently once we were at the front door.

"Figlio, you have to be patient, your mama is carrying two of your brothers and it's very hard, capisce?"

"Capisce, papa."

We've raised our sons with three languages. English, Italian and French are all used in our house, normally english and italian mostly, but I still use french occasionally.

I grabbed Luca's hand while Leo picked up Christian and we all walked to the waiting car.

- - -

"Romano Family! Welcome!" Dr Terese grinned as we all walked in to her room.

Dr Terese has been my doctor for all three of my pregnancies and she has been amazing all three times.

"And how are you doing, Aria."

"Tired." I chuckled. "I just want to meet them now." I said, holding my stomach.

"Well, let's check on these little boys."