nine

~Aria

"Baby"

Leo's voice and gentle kisses on my neck woke me up the next morning. I groaned and snuggled myself into the pillow aka Leo's chest

"amore, we need to get up." 

"nooo, I'm so comfy and-" 

Before I could finish my sentence, Leo had picked me up and placed me on the bathroom counter so we could brush our teeth. He handed me my toothbrush and we both started brushing. 

After a few minutes, Leo wiped his mouth and looked up at me, an unreadable expression on his handsome face. 

"Move in with me." 

I giggled. "I'm already living here baby." I replied, stroking his cheek with my thumb.

"I know that, tesoro, but I want you to move into my room, our room." 

holy moly guacamole he said 'our'.

"no, no, no, don't cry, if you don't want to move in we don't have to," he panicked, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

"These are happy tears! Yes, I will move in with you." I smiled, pulling his head down so he could kiss me. 

~~~

It was now late afternoon, Leo has been gone all day, working in his office on 'business' according to all the guys. He left me with Enzo this morning and now I'm sitting in the living room with all of the guys, except Leo.

"Sooo.. Leo?" 

"What about him?" I raised an eyebrow at Theo's question

"Nothing, nothing, just checking you're happy, baby sis." 

"Yes I am. For the first time since you left." I retorted

"Ouch. sorry Theo, she has a point." Enzo butted in, patting my brother's shoulder.

"Fuck off." 

"No, you fuck off" 

"Why doesn't everyone go fu-"

"Language." I scowled. I heard a chorus of 'sorrys' before Gio spoke.

 "Are you not scared of Leo?" He questioned. He seemed genuinely curious. 

I gave him a weird look. "Um, no. I mean, he's obviously very intimidating, but he's just like a big teddy bear, has been since I met him." I smiled.

"Leo? Teddy Bear? You feeling okay Muffin?" Theo asked yet again.

"Yes. I am feeling completely fine. Why? Is he not nice around anyone else? He's always so sweet, there isn't a bad bone in his body." 

This  made everyone laugh. Not fake laughter, actual, proper laughter, from the soul. "What? What's so funny?" 

"Nothing- It's - just- that-" Enzo started, breathing inbetween each word. 

"Just what?" I urged. What the hell were these men hiding?

"that- Leo is the- most ruthless maf-" Killian slapped his hand over Enzo's mouth before he could finish the sentence. 

"Ruthless? Ruthless what?"

"Nevermind him, Aria, he's talking nonsense." Killian answered my question. It was then that I realised everyone was giving Enzo the dirtiest and deadliest looks I have ever seen. It made me nervous, and they weren't even looking at me. 

Enzo laughed and gave me a sheepish smile, shrugging his shoulders. "It's nothing, bug, don't worry." He smiled, warily eyeing Killian who looked like he was going to break his nose. 

"Okayyy," I started. I need to change the subject. "You all look kinda... scary? huh?" I mumbled, thinking of the right word.

"Not that you're scary, well you are, but I'm not scared of you! Well, kinda, not as much as I was, well um, I mean, you all have tattoos, and you're all well over 6 foot and you guys frown more than smile and-" 

This time Killian was placing his hand over my mouth. I licked his hand and he pulled it away, a look of pure disgust on his face. 

"Hahahaha!" Theo laughed. "She used to always do that to me! I guess somethings never change with you, muffin." He smiled and I gave him an innocent smile back. 

Killian shot Theo a death glare which instantly made him shut up.

"See? You guys are SCARY!" 

Enzo chuckled. "Bug, we're mafia men we have to be scary"

My eyes went wide. "Mafia?" I stood up from the sofa. "Y-You guys are in the mafia?" I covered my mouth with my hands, tears threatening to escape my eyes. 

Killian hit the back of Enzo's head. He stood up trying to walk towards me "Aria, we-"

"Don't come near me." I whispered, taking a step back.

"And, Leo? You said you all work for him? Is he- no."

No. Leo wouldn't do this. Not my Leo. He isn't like that.

"Tesoro mio, I've finished-" Leo walked into the living room. He stopped talking, noticing the tension. 

I couldn't move, looking at the man I'm falling for in a totally new light. He kills people. He's a criminal. 

"Aria baby? What happened?" he whispered, taking a step closer. I flinched and took a step back.

"don't come near me." I said, louder this time.

By this point, Leo had moved further into the room so I took this opportunity to run out of the room. I raced up to my room, not Leo's. I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I lent against the door and finally let the tears fall

What have I done. 

~Leonardo

~Leonardo

"What. did. you. do." I said. Glaring at all four men. Gio, Theo and Killian were all glaring at Enzo.

He gave me a sheepish smile and a nervous laugh "Guilty?" he said, it sounded more like a question. 

"I'm going to punch you if you don't tell me what you did in the next 3 seconds." Normally, I'm patient around these guys, but when it concerns my baby, 3 seconds is all Enzo gets. 

"I- um"

"one."

"You see I-"

"Two."

"He told her we were in the mafia." Killian answered for him.

"Okay nevermind I won't punch you Enzo."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Jeez, thanks Leo, I really thought-"

"I'm going to kill you." 

~~~

Author's Note:

another update who is she?

anyway this one's a little short but I decided to leave it there

vote pretty pls <3