Chapter 11 - Stay out of it

A/N: outfits for days one and two of this chapter are above me, if you dont like them feel free to imagine something else :)

I was wrong, I was so, so wrong. How could I have been stupid enough to believe that he wouldn't find out. I shut my eyes tightly as my father delivered another sharp kick to my stomach my hands clenched at my sides trying my best not to cry. 

Then he stopped and turned to my sister slamming her against the kitchen wall, "do not keep things from me again Rebecca because the consequences will be great."

He grabbed her by the shoulders slamming her back into the wall repeatedly and then back handing her across the face, when we was done he left the kitchen slamming the door upstairs. Becca sank to the floor her fingers in her hair her hands covering her face in frustration. 

I could feel blood in my mouth pushing myself up I stumbled over to the sink coughing it up.

"You ok Liza?"my sister asked from her place in the floor, I nodded even though she couldn't see me, "yeah," I replied hoarsly, "just fine." 

I rinsed out the sink before ever so slowly walking over to the staircase to crawl up to my room, when I got there I quickened the pace and went into my bathroom to cough up some more blood, my head was spinning and my hads were all clammy, I changed int some more comfortable slacks before crawling over to my bed and grabbing one of the ice packs I had hidden in a box under my bed. After I popped it  I grabbed my books and lay down in my bed my stomach aching in immense pain. I just prayed tomorrow it would feel better.

Skip to the next morning:

I lifted my shirt up and checked out my bruises in the mirror, blotches of blue, purple, yellow and   green were scattered across my ribs and stomach, I pressed my finger against one of them so see how badly it hurt. I swore under my breath as I gingerly made my way over to my cupboard, I would just have to wear very loose clothes and not hug anyone. 

I pulled on a loose T-shirt and some loose shorts, before I grabbed my suglasses off of my night stand and put some gold hoops through my ears, I limped down the stairs to where my brother and sister were already eating breafast, Recbecca and Jordan both looked up instantly when I walked in, "Lift your shirt up Liza." Becca said sternly as I winced sitting down. 

I shook my head, "it's fine B, promise!" I lied grabbing some cereal from the kitchen table, my sister and brother narrowed their eyes but didn't push it, thank god. After we were done Becca dropped me off at my school before driving Jordan to his. 

I walked into school a smile plastered on my face, I could deffinitely make it through today without someone finding out right? 

Benny's Pov:

Aliza's had been acting off all day, she hadn't replied to a single taunt thrown her way, she just ignored them instead of snapping back hot-headedly. She only spoke when she's spoken to and looked like she wants the earth to swallow her up and then spit her out anywhere but here. Wendy pulled her into a tight hug around the waist and I could see her wince and flinch back a little, luckily for her Wendy didn't notice. 

I watched her carefully as she grabbed some water wincing when she had to stretch too far over the table, her shirt is long enough for me not to be able to see if my suspicions were correct, but I have a feeling that they're pretty spot on. When we walked out of the canteen, Aliza made and excuse to go to the bathroom before walking off, I followed her and pulled her into an empty class room. 

She rolled her eyes, "What now Rodriguez? I need to go to the loo." 

I returned the gesture, "cut the crap Phillips, I know that somethings not right you've been acting off all day, what's going on?" I ask.