Chapter 31 - PHASE 1: step 9

Benny. 

I walked into Flash's office, he was printing some stuff off for my sister, so I was picking it up today. Only Flash was nowhere to be seen and Aliza was sat crosslegged on the stone floor in front a bunch of massive photos all lying scattered round her.

Flash walked past me an amused grin on his face, "I'd be careful she's not in very good mood right now."

Aliza glared at him from her seat on the floor before turning back to the pictures. Her hair was tied up in a messy blonde ponytail and she was wearing a spagetti strap, white summer dress, a light blue bikini underneath and beige slightly dirty cowboy boots. Georgeous as always of course. "Lize?" I asked walking over to her confused. "What the hell is all of this."

"That's what I'm trying to figure out isn't it?" she snapped. 

Flash snorted, "and how's that beeing going for you?" 

She grabbed the book next to her hurling it at him, "I swear to god if you say something like that one more time Flash." 

"Tou-chy." he muttered clearly trying to wind her up again as he left the room shooting me a pointed 'told you so' look. 

"Do you want any help?" I asked going to sit down with her. 

I could see for a second all of the possible this she could snap at me turning over in her mind but she shook it off collecting herself. "If you want to. Although all of this is my Dad's so I don't know if you'll be able to make much of a connection."

"An objective persective can't hurt." I offered. 

She nodded, "I guess not." Aliza reached over and collected some of the photos and handed them to me. "Can you do these ones? I'm just looking for any kind of clue as to what these could be from. " 

The pictures she had given me were of bullet casings, one covered in blood the other clean and a watch. 

I looked at the bullet casings first, there was something familiar about the branding sigil on it but Aliza told me she'd checked it with flash and it didn't belong to anything state wide. 

I put it away frowning and moved onto the watch, I had seen it before in New York when I had gone for the yankees dodgers game for my birthday a last year. My Dad had considered buying it. "New York huh?" Aliza asked narrowing her eyes, "my Dad took Jordan and Becca there a couple years ago. Maybe he got it then. I'll have to ask my brother what they did there. Good one."

"Told you I could help." I replied grinning. 

She rolled her eyes at me amused, "no need to get cocky. Althought I will admit you're a much less annoying help than Flash." She replied raising her voice on the last bit so he would hear. 

"Oi!" He shouted back offended, "I tried my best!" 

"Hardly." Aliza muttered wrinkling her nose.

"Well I should hope I'm less annoying than Flash to you, I am your boyfriend after all." I told her winking. 

"We'll see about that if you keep distracting me." Alize answered a wicked grin cracking on her face as she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, "I am serious though. We really need to focus."

I turned back to my photos frowning, I looked at the watch again trying to remember the name of the little vintage store we had passed. It was something quaint and cute, and an old man with half-moon glasses worked at the counter, I remember him because he had given me some free chocolate on his way out of the shop.

"Are you constipated or something Rodriguez?" I heard Flash asked as he waltzed back into his office. 

Aliza snorted as I shot him an annoyed look, "no! What is wrong with you?" I exclaimed. He could be so beyond strange sometimes. Flash shrugged, "everything. But if you're not, then why are you frowning like that?"