Chapter 35 - PHASE 1: the last step

Aliza. 

I sat in Flash's kitchen helping myself to some Weetabix when he finally walked in, it must have been about three in the morning. He screamed when he saw me making me burst out laughing, "you scream like a little girl." I told him grinning. 

He did not seem to amused with my little antique, "you scared the shit out of me Alli, what the fuck are you doing here? How did you even get in here? The door is double inforced with Banahm locks."

I shrugged taking another spoonful, "I shoved myself through that miniscule window you left open in your bathroom." 

"Psycho." He grumbled grabbing himself a bowl and spoon, "pass me that shit, you've just worked up my appetite with all of that stress." 

I handed him the milk and the weetabix, as he switched on a dim light, "now explain, because this cannot be anything good."

I told him what had happened, the whole story, from the very beginning of my plan. Flash had always known the gist of it but now he was getting the entire thing. "You know they're going to be fucking pissed about you taking off." He told me. 

I nodded running my hand through my hair, "they won't understand, but I'm protecting them, it needs to be done even if it hurts." 

"They won't give up either." Flash added, "you of all people should know how driven they are. They'll keep looking and digging." 

I pursed my lips anxiously, "I put some security measures in place for that. Starting with taking every scrap of evidence with me and ending with a letter I hope will piss them off so much off so much they stop looking for me out of spite."

"That second one won't do shit you know." 

"I know, but it's easier for them to hate me than miss me." I answered digging my nails into my palm, "I broke up with Benny in my letter."

Flash shot me a shocked look, "seriously? That poor kid, he'll be heartbroken." 

I shot him a glare, "thanks. That's the last thing I needed to hear right now." 

I could see the sympathy on his face, "how are you holding up." 

"I'll be fine. As long as they're safe I'll be fine, I know what it's like to be alone, I can handle it." I replied hoarsely. 

"Do you really think it will keep Willis away from them?" Flash asked. 

I shook my head, "no, but if he knows that they don't know anything about my plans it shrinks the targets on their backs to half the size they were before." I answered.

"I can't believe he shot at Rodriguez. I'm surprised you're not in a rage, I'd expected you to be foaming at the mouth." He continued making me snicker. 

I let a calm settle over me. "I don't get angry Flash, I get revenge. And Willis better watch out because I am exceptionally good at that." 

It was time to rearagne my plan a little, re-name phase two, it wasn't only going to be my murder trap, I was going to destroy Jack Willis's entire life before I killed him. Because frankly I wanted to see him suffer.