Chapter 12 - Sleepover

Aliza.
My father had left with our step mother to go to New York for the weekend so I had invited Lippa and Wendy over and Jordan invited his team. We were sitting upstairs in my room together watching a horror movie when something hit my window.

"Ohmygod!" Wendy breathed gripping Lippa and my hands, "we're going to die now! That's a killer and we're going to die now."

I laughed, "relax Wendy, it's probably just the wind." But as soon as I finished my sentence there was another clacking sound from behind the curtain. What the hell?

I grabbed my torch from the bedside table and walked over to the window, I pulled open the curtains half expecting to see someone holding a knife behind it. When no one was there I frowned before seeing a small pebble fly up to hit my window, I pulled it open and stuck my head out to see the Sandlot boys waiting outside my window.

Rodriguez waved at me, I rolled my eyes "what do you want freakshow?!" I hissed. He made a face, "we've lost Squints and we need help finding him!" He hissed back. I shook my head in disbelief, "how the fuck do you lose a person?"

He sighed, "we were having a sleepover at my house and Yeah-Yeah dared Squints to take a sip of his vodka, only Squints had a bit more than a sip, turns out he's a lightweight. He sprinted out of the house in nothing but his boxers and now we can't find him!"

I rolled my eyes, "that sounds like a big fat you problem to me Rodriguez, figure it out for yourself I'm not giving up one of my free nights to look for Squints." I replied closing the window, I could hear the boys groaning as I did so. 

Lippa and Wendy shot me confused looks from the bed, "what's going on?" they asked as I flopped back onto my bed next to them, I snorted, "Yeah-yeah dared Squints to drink some vodka at their sleepover, he took off and now they're looking for him and want our help." I explained.

Wendy laughed, "hell no, I'm not getting up in the middle of the night to look for a drunk Squints, not when they have plenty of people to do it." Lippa nodded in agreement, "they have to learn to solve their own problems, I can't believe Yeah-Yeah got Squints drunk!"

I went to press play on the remote when there was a clatter of pebbles against my open curtain, I groaned and turned back to the TV when there was another handful of rocks thrown at my window. Lippa made an annoyed face, "I'll go." she walked over to the window and pulled it open before proceeding to tell them to "leave us the hell alone" and then close it again.

A couple minutes of peace went by before they started yelling and throwning rocks, Wendy and I got out of the bed and yanked open the window, "fuck off!" she snapped at them, "we're trying to watch TV and you guys aren't exactly making that easy!"

I nodded, "you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to get us! You should be looking for Squints! Leave please!" We shut the window harshly and then walked back to the bed and sat down on either side of Lippa, "jesus fucking christ." she muttered turning on the TV and turning up the volume.

That worked for a matter of moments before:

BANG!

I jolted startled by the noise, they had better not cracked my window! I grabbed some of the Tennis balls I had under by bed from when I had played and then stormed over to the window, to see that Bertram was putting his shoe back on, obviously that was what they had thrown at us. I aimed for Rodriguez's head and the chucked the ball at him as hard as I could.

He let out a shout of pain when it hit him and then I aimed my next one at Yeah-yeah, and then at Bertram and then at Ham, and that was all of my balls, "Piss off assholes, we're busy!" I snapped at them, "just because you're stupid enough to lose a human-fucking-being doesn't mean we should be paying for it too! Now leave us alone."