Chapter 14 - The Party

Aliza.

I reached over to the otherside of my bed and dialled the number, it took a couple of rings but eventually I heard the other line click. "Frankie Smalls speaking."

"Oh, hi Mrs Smalls, I'm Aliza Phillips a friend of Scotty's I was wondering if you could put him on for me." I said praying he hadn't left to play baseball yet. "Of course honey, just wait one sec."

I could hear some muffled yelling but after a minute Scotty started talking, "oh hey Lizzy, what's up?"

"What are you doing tonight?" I asked sipping on my coke. "Nothing, why?" He replied.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come to a party with me and Wendy and Lippa, Yeah-yeah would be there too." I continued. There was a moment of silence before he continued, "and you're sure you want me to come? I mean why not ask Benny or -."

I cut him off, "ew no, besides I like you Scotty, you're really nice and funny and you don't have as big of an ego as your friends."

"Aliza i just want to warn you I'm not exactly the party type. I mean are you sure you want me to come, wouldn't you rather go with Wendy or Phillipa or your brother?" He asked confused.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be calling, besides my brother has already told me I'm not allowed to go with him, Yeah-yeah's picking Lippa up and Wendy unsurprisingly already has a date so, yes I want to go with you." I replied.

"Ok cool, I'll have to ask my mom, this isn't a date right, because your nice Lizzy but-."

"Let me stop you right there, I think you're great but not in that way you don't have to worry about that." I told him trying not to laugh.

He let out a sigh of relief, "ok good, because my mom always tells me that I don't notice these things and i just wanted to make sure, also if I'm allowed do you want me to pick you up?"

It was better he didn't because my father was here and he thought I was going to a sleepover at Wendy's so if he saw Scotty he would have called bull shit. "No don't worry I'll come to you, also can i change at your house? My dad is umm... a little conservative."

"Sure no problem." He replied, "I gotta go ask but I'm sure my mom'll say yes, see you at seven!"

"Bye!"

Lippa hit me on the arm, "he is actually so adorable, I swear I have never met anyone nicer than him, when Yeah-yeah introduced me to him the first time he was so sweeta and my heart almost melted I'm not even joking."

"I know! He didn't even care that Benny hated me either he was still really nice." I replied, Lippa nodded, she had been sleeping over at my house for the last couple days because her parents had been arguing so much and for whatever miraculous reason my Father had been ok with it, I think it's mostly because Lola is pregnant now, he said something about being done with 'the old whore's kids' - that would be Jordan, Becca and I - and wanting to start a new life.

The' old whore' is my mother but I couldn't give two flying fucks about what he calls her because my mother left us with him instead of taking us with her when she ran away so he can bad mouth her all he likes. My opinion of her is already low enough anyways.

Did I care that he's done with us, a little. It hurts when you find out your parent doesn't want you any more. Was I surprised to hear it? Absolutely not.

"Come on, lets call Wendy and go shopping for an outfit!" Phillippa yelled from my bathroom, "I can't believe she wont tell us who her date is."

I laughed, "well we'll find out soon enough wont we?"