Chapter 27 - PHASE 1: step 5

Aliza.

We were sitting up in my room making out on my bed when my brother barged in. He made a retching noise when he saw us. "JORDAN!" I yelled at him, "get out!"

He gagged again, "oh my god this is disgusting. Since when are the two of you a thing?"
I rolled my eyes sitting up, "stop being so fucking dramatic."

He looked at me in disbelief, "dramatic? DRAMATIC?! I'm going to be scarred for the rest of my life Liza!" He keeled over, "I think I'm going to throw up."

I sighed clearly we were getting nowhere, "what did you want?"
He looked up, " you mean before I saw your little freak show in here? I wanted to tell you that Dad lost it because some creep from his school and yours showed up at his work demanding files."

I perked up instantly, "he did?"
My brother narrowed his eyes, "what did you do? Who the hell was that guy?"
I shrugged, "no one important."

"Like we're buying that." Benny muttered, "who was it really!"
Jordan gestured for me to talk, "come on Liza."

I wracked my brain for a suitable excuse, I know that technically I was supposed to keep them in the loop but if they found out Willis was so close they would freak out.

Unfortunately nothing that I thought up they would buy so instead I would have to spin the story in my favour. "Jack Willis." I told them.
"WHAT?" Benny exclaimed, "you talked to that guy and told him the files are with your Dad? Are you nuts?"

Jordan nodded empathically, "what he said! Did you fall on your head?"
I snorted, "be serious both of you, I didn't tal to him okay? He's not a moron he probably realised that if it wasn't at the police station his next best bet would be my father. Don't get your knickers in a twist."

My brother scowled at me, "my knickers are just fine thanks. But seriously Aliza if your going to start keeping secrets now you might as well call this off now because we're not helping you unless we have all the information."

Benny nodded, "yeah. It's all or nothing."
I nodded plastering on a reassuring smile, "okay, I'll keep you in." I told them even though I knew it was a flat out lie.

They didn't seem to understand how dangerous the situation really was. They didn't actually know who they were dealing with, yeah Benny might have seen Willis kill that cop but that was barely scratching the surface. I sure as hell wasn't dragging them into his revenge with me.

I got up, "I promised Lippa we'd hang out today, so I have to go but why don't you two spend time together while I'm away. This rivalry you have going on is stupid."

They shook their heads, "we're good thanks."
I rolled my eyes at them, "good Lord. Well in any case I'll see both of you later." With that I walked down the stairs and grabbed my shoes before going out the front door.

It wasn't technically a lie that I was meeting up with Lippa but I doubted they would be so nonchalant about it if they knew where.

I arrived at Flash's twenty minutes later, Lippa sat on his desk chatting to him while he scribbled around on some papers.

"LIZZY!" Lippa shouted making Flags startle behind her. "She hopped off the desk and ran over to me pulling me into a hug. "Oh I feel like it's been forever! And you have a boyfriend now, you can come on double dates with yeah-yeah and I."

I grinned, " I hadn't thought about that! We're going to have so much fun!"
Flags interrupted, "tell me your boyfriend is Rodriguez."
I looked back at him amused, "it is. Why do you ask?"

He nodded happily, "because that boy has been pining after you since the day I met you both. I was wondering when you'd put him out of his misery."

I laughed shaking my head amused, "well I did. But that's not what I'm here for."
He snorted, "of course it isn't. What's up Alli?"
"First off I need to call Lily and Second i need you to Organise Lippa and I fake IDs."