Chapter 26 - PHASE 1: step 4

Aliza.

I knocked on Benny's door my umbrella over my head to shield me from the raging storm overhead. His older sister opened the door with a smirk on her face, "hi Aliza."

"Hi Natalie." I replied slightly awkwardly as she stepped aside to let me in. "How are you?"
She smiled, "I'm good, you?"
"Same. Do you know where I can find Benny?" I asked.

She nodded, "he's in the park with our younger sisters, Amaia and Ela. But if you don't mind waiting I wanted to talk to you about your intentions towards my brother anyways."

I could see that she was smiling so it wouldn't be too serious but I could also tell that she meant it and she was a little concerned for Benny. Which was fair enough depending on how much she did or didn't know about me.

"Sure." I told her as we sat down on the wooden stools in their kitchen. "Ask away."

"Look, I get that you've had it difficult, I don't know quite how because Benny won't tell me but yeah. But I'm warning you now that if you're just using him as a distraction or you're not sure if you're ready to be in a realtionship but you go through with this anyways, I will make you regret it." She told me. The way she said it though didn't seem like she was trying to size me up or make it seem like she would really fight me but more that she sounded generally concerned for her brother.

"I'm not." I clarified, "doing any of that. I really like your brother and he's one of the best people I've ever met."

Natalie smiled warmly at me, "good."

Benny.

My younger sisters and I sprinted down the road to our house the rain pouring down on our rain coats, "hurry up!" I yelled at them as I stopped at our door. Amaia glared at me, "don't be rude, we have smaller legs that you!"

I didn't bother replying and unlocked the door instead letting them both inside so that I could close it again. I could hear two voices coming from the kitchen. We hung up our coats and took off our shoes before walking to where the voices were coming from.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Aliza sitting with my sister, "seriously Nata?" I asked walking towards them, "I thought you were joking!"

"Get over it. I was just making sure she's not a pyscho!" My sister defended, "I mean I've only met her twice before and once she was buying medication and the other she snuck into your room through the window... so really it's a fair decision."

I scowled, "I cannot wait to do this when you finally get a boyfriend."

Natalie shot me a warning look, "don't you dare."

"Why not? I have to make sure the guy's not a psycho don't I?" I argued. "Speaking of boyfriends... isn't it high time that you get one?"

"Shut it asshole." She snapped at me, "Maia, Ela, vamos. Vosotros dos tenéis que terminar vuestros deberes para mañana."

Reluctantly Amaia and Gabriela trudged up the stairs Nata following behind them shooting Aliza a smile. "Sorry about that." I muttered as we walked up the steps and into my room, "my sister doesn't know the meaning of the word privacy."

Aliza laughed, her hair bouncing and falling around her face softly and a smile stretching across her lips. "It must run in the family."

I shot a her a mock affronted look pulling her towards me, "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Aliza raised her eyebrows leaning into me, "you are one of the nosiest people I know. You broke into my house just because I didn't show up to the Sandlot that one time and you did not let loose about my dad until you found out the truth. I'd say my assumption was pretty well placed."