Prologue - Leaving The Nest

The beautiful neighborhood blessed by the sun. Everyone is having a great time enjoying the peace and quiet. Some are barbequing in their backyard, others swimming in their pool, and one particular person is basking in the sun on their patio as if he was meditating.

"The sun is shining the heat is rising, kids like you should be staying inside where it's nice and cold!" A grumpy old voice broke the silence. As he shouted to the teen who's closed eye meditating underneath the heat of the sun.

"Really gramps?" The teen said amused glancing at his grampappy. Who's on his wheelchair with a glass of Ice tea in his cup holder.

"Damn right... So get in here (Y/N), I want to talk to you about something." Gramps grumbled. (Y/N) sighed.

"Gramps for the last time, i'm not going to headbutt a charging bull just because I have horns and a thick skull." (Y/N) teased said.

"That's not what I wanted to talk about!" Gramps replied." Damnit I thought I could convince him today..." I heard him mutter his breath.

"Heh, fine gramps I'll get in." (Y/N) chuckled, he stood up stretched and head inside. I passed by their room and saw grandma in there reading a book by the window, she's so focused on it and gramps is waiting in the living room, holding an envelope.

"Gramps before we start let me do something first." (Y/N) announced.

"Alright, better make it quick." He huffed.

(Y/N) pov
I nodded and went to the kitchen and made us three our favourite sandwich and pour a glass of orange juice for me and grandma and grape juice for grandpa.

I quickly brought the sandwich and juice to their room where grandma is still reading her book. I knocked on the door, grandma looked up and saw me holding a glass of orange juice and a plate with two sandwiches.

"Hello there dear. Is that for me?" She gently smiled. I nodded and placed the sandwich and juice on the table near her.

"Thank you my sweet grandson." She gently grabbed my face planted a tender kiss on my forehead.

"You're welcome grandma." I replied nuzzling myself to her warm hand. The one that always petted me and taught me everything I know in cooking.

"(Y/N)? Where are you now?" I heard gramps call out. "We still need to talk."

"Coming gramps! I'll see you later grandma." I planted a kiss on her cheek and walk out of the room.

I then quickly grabbed me and grandpa's sandwich and drinks. I placed it down in front of us. He quickly snatched the sammich.

"So gramps... What do you want to talk about?" I questioned him. He was halfway finished one of the two sandwich, he place it down on the plate and sighed.

"It's about this." He raised his hand with an envelope with a stamp of an initial J.W.

"It's addressed to you, I don't know why." Gramps continued eyeing my sandwich.

I pushed the plate towards him and refilled his glass of grape juice.

"Thanks Sonny... *Nom* delicious." As he took a big bite on my sammich.

"You're welcome old timer, I'll be in my room." I replied before walking towards my room. I opened the door placing the letter on my desk before grabbing my phone with my tail and connect it to the Bluetooth speaker to play my favourite music.

 I opened the door placing the letter on my desk before grabbing my phone with my tail and connect it to the Bluetooth speaker to play my favourite music

I ripped open the envelope and out it fell a stamp and a letter.

"Congratulations (Y/N) (L/N),

My name is Roxie and I'm reaching out to you to congratulate you on being chosen to stay at Jurassic World's it's first summer camp, Camp Cretaceous. You and the other six contestants will have the time of your life experiencing it first. I've been notified of your interest in studying about dinosaurs but now you could study them alive in person. And I understand if you decline the invitation to take care of your grandparents but we would really appreciate it if you would come.

Sincerely,

Camp Cretaceous Counselors, Roxie and Dave"

"Hmmmm Jurassic World Summer Camp?" I pondered for a minute before putting the envelope down, stood up and look for his grandparents.

I saw my grandparents out on the front porch looking out at the peaceful neighborhood. I leaned on the door frame enjoying the peace and quiet while it lasted.

"Hey Grandma and Grandpa." I broke the silence.

"Hey (N/N)..." Grandma replied.

"Hey there sonny! So what did the letter say?" Grandpa question.

"It's an invitation letter for a summer camp in Jurassic World." I sat in between them.

"Summer camp huh?" Grampa replied as he's in state of bliss enjoying the cold breeze and his glass of iced grape juice.

"Yep!" I replied popping the P at the end and grabbing grampa's sandwich.

"If you want to go, we won't stop you. Grandma replied on her rocking chair.

"But what about..." I argued before getting cut off by gramps.

"What about us? Hah! We'll be fine sonny, you need to experience everything while you're still young. OOP" Grampa laughed almost spilling his grape juice.

"*Sigh* careful there old timer, you're going to waste that precious drink." I teased him.

"Har har, anyways you should go." He insisted taking a swig of his grape juice.

"He's right sweety, you should go and enjoy life." Grandma chimes in

"*Sigh* alright grandma, grampa.... I'll reply to them, to tell them I'm going and I'll pack up." I announced.

"Ok sweety." She smiled and kissed my forehead again.

"Atta boy!" Grampa pats my back and finished off his drink.

I smiled and head back inside to pack and reply to the letter.

3rd Person Pov 12 A.M
(Y/N) is seen sitting on his balcony looking at the stars and sometimes an occasional squirrel that moves by the trees.l

"*Sigh*, I miss you guys." He muttered. He heard the leaves rustle again.

He looks over. He saw the squirrel again.

"Damn he's still there?" He heard it's mind. He looks at it wide eyed, it stopped running as it noticed (Y/N) staring.

"What the fuck you lookin at?" It swored at (Y/N).

He shook his head and look back at the stars again.
"That... Was weird." He said to himself.

He yawned and silently walk back inside. He layed down and thought to himself.

"What's the future have in store for me." He thought before going to sleep.