S2: EP:2 - The Art Of Chill and Feeding Time

(Y/N) pov.

I'm currently leaning sitting on top of a tree surveying the area for predators, while Darius's a few branches above me. Me, Maurice and Darius thought that we should find some more options than my first idea.

Just in case there is a better base location. Maurice stayed below and worked on his Indominus teeth spear. Sammy's sitting on one of the tree roots, I think Yasmina is on the other side and Kenji is leaning on the tree we climbed.

I saw two Baryonyx a few meters away, I alerted Maurice to be on guard, I resumed looking around for a minute only to see a pair of Stegosaurus, after that I looked back where the Baryonyxs were and saw that they're running in the other direction towards something. I relaxed, motioning Maurice that they're gone, he relaxed and I climbed down.

I climbed down and sat beside Brooklynn who's leaning into the tree and looking down at the ground. I nudged Brooklynn's arm with my elbow and shook my head up, asking her if she's ok. She smiled at me before nodding and facing back down to the ground.

I hear something hitting the tree repeatedly, I look back and saw Kenji throwing rocks at it. Yasmina got fed up with him throwing rocks, she caught it without looking, she turns around and glared at him, he drops the rock he was going to throw.

Darius had climbed down now to inform us about his recon. I grabbed my bag full of goodies and stood to listen what Darius has to say.

"Good news?" Sammy asked with hope.

We all walked over to him to hear the news. I cracked my neck and shoulder, relieving tension that's build up in it.

"The Pteranodons are resting on the eastern mountains so that's out." Darius sadly informed us. Those mountains could've been useful, but of course the death Tweety's claimed it as their own.

"Hmmmm that's bad, welp imma kill some of em out of spite." I thought to myself. I sighed and focused at Darius again.

"Ugh bad news." Sammy grudgingly said. She opened a map we grabbed at Main Street.

We've been searching for a place for hours now, the three of us are still attempting to find a better place than... there.

The upside of this is I know what herbivores and carnivores are in my hunting range.

"We can't stay on Main Street because dinosaurs, the mountains, grasslands, and jungle are out because 'dinosaurs'." Brooklynn complained again. I chuckled at her, which makes her look at me confused.

"And Kenji's penthouse is out, because he's bad at math." Yasmina smirked at the boy.

"Hey I didn't think my dad was serious about changing the locks if I failed Algebra, that's not my fault." Kenji retorted.

Ughhhh, math the subject I despise, what the fuck are letters doing in a mathematic equation. Still it's his fault for not putting any effort in understanding it.

"That's actually completely your fault." Yasmina stomped his decaying intelligence even further to the ground.

"Ok whatever." Kenji was fed up with it."The whole island is full of dinosaurs, we're cooked." He flailed around until they stopped on his knees.

"We can't give up yet, we set off the emergency beacon." Sammy tried to bring his spirit back up.

"I don't think that they'll be here that quick." I kept to myself.

"We just need to find a place where we can hold up until rescue arrives." Sammy finished.

"Where? It's been days, we're out of options." Yasmina was also fed up with the continuous search