S4: EP 2 - At Least... Kitty?

____________________________________________________________________

The cave is pretty big but not very deep, only the entrance is larger than it divides into tiny chasms and pathways. I set up our 'camp' for the night but before I can light a fire, Darius calls out.

"Hey guys, I see a bright light coming from that tunnel." He says as he points out the tunnel. I get up and gather the group as we go to investigate. We pass through the tight space and turn a corner. We shield our eyes from the intense light as they gasp in wonder and confusion. A great desert lay before us.

"This is.... Definitely not Costa Rica." Brooklynn states sarcastically, "Looks more like... Australia.... I wonder if there's kangaroos hopping around." I sarcastically followed up as I looked around.

"But we couldn't have gone that far." Darius says, as Kenji puts his hand on his face.

I completely ignored their conversation as I sniffed the air. Something's clearly not right, blue skies, with some clouds, a blazing sum and endless stretch of sand, cactuses, and distant mountains.

"This is not Australia, Australia is to the west of Isla Nublar so that's out and are we not going to talk about the fact that there was a fierce storm clouds on the beach or the fact that this is a fucking desert in a tropical region?" I pointed out sarcastically, as everyone took in the facts and pondered. I was already walking away with Brooklynn, Aoi, and Lily.

"Ok, we know where we aren't. Anybody got a fucking idea where we are?" Brooklynn asked a little fussy which Yaz scoffed at.

Everyone shook their head, as Brooklynn huffed.

"Great... Fucking fantastic, we are stranded again and it's accompanied by being fucking lost! Ughhhhh!" She squats down and covers her face.

I walked over to her and stood in front of her, shading her from the scorching 'sun'.

"Calm down Belle, we'll figure it out." I say which she looks up at me, she then smiles in response.

I was about to speak again when suddenly Ben shouts behind us.

"Hey, hey, guys! Look over there! Something shiny!" Ben says as we look out to the desert. I narrowed my eyes and saw something reflecting the sun.

"Looks like the sun is glinting off something metal, maybe?" Sammy says. "Something metal could mean that someone made it. Let's go check it out!" Ben says excitedly as he jumps down.

"Hold on Ben! We don't even know it's metal. It could just be a refraction off a small pond or something we don't know." I say as I stood beside Brooklynn and Aoi shading them from the sun.

"But if it is something metal, shouldn't we check it out?" Ben reasons back. I glared at him, he hung his head down.

"Fine we'll check it out." I grunted, Ben perks up.

"Wait, really?" Kenji was surprised.

"Well what else are we going to do. The beach is deserted and wreckage isn't going to help us. The desert is harsh but we can get through it. I may not like it but if that shiny thing is either water or a clue to where we are so... Let's go." I say as I slide down hill. Soon enough everyone was making their way through the desert.

The place is a scorcher. The sun is blistering down at the rest and there's nothing around for miles, just sand, more sand and cactuses.

"This place is weird. Like we're on another planet or something. Ooh, maybe we've been abducted by aliens." Kenji says playfully to Ben who shudders at the idea of being abducted before shoving Kenji a bit.