S3: E6 - The Long Run

____________________________________________________________________

Yaz Pov.

"Darius? DARIUS! Come on, wake up! I don't like this!" I cried out as I checked his temperature again. I flinched away as he was burning up.

Kenji quickly leaned down and pressed his ear on Darius chest before placing two fingers under his neck.

"He's alive, help me get him up." Kenji says as we hear (Y/N) limped towards us. We grabbed Darius by his arms, and we carried him underneath the treehouse and rested him against one of the foundations.

I hold his hand, praying to whatever God that can hear me, to help him. Suddenly we heard a slam and the ground shook, we looked back to see (Y/N) breathing heavily as the worried Aoi and Brooklynn began pulling out quills off his armored back and body. Ben walked over to us.

"We have to clean his wounds before they get infected." Ben told us as he pulled out disinfectants from one of the supply bags.

"It's a spray, it should help. Get his shirt up." Ben ordered which I do. Our eyes widened when we saw another wound.

"Jesus Christ..." I heard Kenji muttered.

The Scorpio not only hit his stomach but also his chest too, he must have acquired it when he was on the back of the Scorpio. Three large claw marks from his shoulder down to his chest, it wasn't deep enough to be lethal but deep enough for him to bleed and have a scar.

I cry as I see his wound, he saved us from that thing even after the cost of his health. We..... I don't deserve him.... At all.

Ben sprays the wound for which Darius screams in pain before he tightens his hand around mine.

"Alright, let's patch him up." Ben says as Brooklynn hurried over and unravels some compression bandages for the three boys who were injured.

She gave us a wrap long enough to cover Darius torso, she heads over to Sammy and Maurice and gives them a bandage enough to cover his face. Sammy cleans his face off of blood and the scratch he acquired, before she ran over to (Y/N) who was struggling to stand up, (Y/N) suddenly grunted as he detransformed back into human. He limped towards the shed, he sat down and rested his head there.

"Didn't I tell you to not get hurt, Alpha?" Brooklynn muttered as she knelt down in front of him. (Y/N) smirked painfully.

"Oh I thought you said 'don't die', not 'don't get hurt'" He sarcastically said, Brooklynn suddenly punched his injured arm making him hiss in pain.

"Tsssssss.... Yeah I deserve that." He chuckled, as Brooklynn's lips curved into a small smile.

"Dumbass." She whispered to him, as she wiped his wace with a clean cloth.

"But only your dumbass." He smoothly said, as Brooklynn blushed a bit and began disinfecting his wounds. He didn't make a sound but his eyes tell a different story. She noticed it and quickly cleaned his wounds and tended to it. Aoi just sat by his side cleaning the cloth off of blood and giving it back to her 'mom'.

"I've cleaned it the best I can... All we could do." Ben suddenly says as he stands up and walks away. I looked back at Darius, noticed his skin had gone pale, his breathing is short and full of pain. He suddenly twitched, reacting to the venom.

"I'm here, Darius. Everything's going to be ok." I say as tears began to fall from my eyes. It pains us to see him like this, he's always helping us with no hesitation when things haven't gone the way they're supposed to. He has defended us with everything he has, and now he's suffering because of it.