S4 E5 - Hellish Wake Up Call

Yasmina Pov.

"Hey Mae! I need your help." Kenji calls out to Mae who is studying the white cube. "Yes?" She replies, "Does a full house beat four of a kind?" Kenji asks hopefully. We are all playing poker and Kenji is losing his mind, he has no poker face when it comes to this and he shrinks at the gaze of the others, and plus the fact he can't hide his cards properly.

"No, Kenji. Not now, not ever." Kenji throws his cards on the table in a fit. Darius slams his cards down, revealing four kings.

He looks up and smugly smiles at Kenji. Kenji narrows his eyes. "Sorry to interrupt your early fun, but if anyone wants to go out and round up some chestnuts from the forest. I can make a mean soup." Mae asks which I nod.

"I'll go, getting tired of beating these guys." I say smugly as I place down my four aces winning the game.

"Damn. Girl's on fire." Brooklynn says as I see Darius just smiles as he accepts his defeat.

"Ah well, congratulations! You win." He congratulated but with a hint of salt in his voice. I smirked and stuck my tongue out, making him sigh and shake his head.

I made my way outside of the cave and saw the sunlight come through. It's really beautiful.

"What a lovely sight isn't it?" I hear behind me and see Darius standing there.

"Yeah, it is." I replied to him with a smile. "Thought I come to help." He says as he walks up to me.

"Thank you." I thanked as he reaches for my hand. I smiled and hesitantly took it, we took a stroll around the forest gathering chestnuts that Mae was requesting but we noticed something wasn't right.

I noticed something in the bush.

"Hello? How did you get here?" I say as I kneel down and pick up my drawing book. I go through the pages before stopping on a picture of my mum. I gaze at it lovingly.

"I miss you, mum." I say as I gently caress the drawing.  "That's your mom?" Darius says as he peeks over my shoulder, I just nod."We're gonna get home. I promise." Darius assured me as he squeezed my shoulder. He was about to continue but he saw something behind me as his eyes widened, he pushed me behind a tree.

"Run!" He told me as he transformed into a dinosaur surprising me before charging something behind the tree. I heard roaring and then heard fighting. I ran away clutching my notebook tightly to my chest as I the roaring and fighting slowly faded. I kept running and running until I ended up in a clearing but what I saw made my blood run cold.

Dinosaur corpses scattered around the clearing all of them mutilated. I saw Maurice's dino form have his head twisted while Sammy's lifeless body was hugging his torso, Kenji and Ben's body was just a few steps away from them. Kenji lost his head and arms by the looks of it, it was bitten off. Ben's body was twisted and in different directions. Mae was torn apart from her lower half, and the four girls that were with Wu were impaled by spikes. I was about to start running again until I felt something cold grabbed my leg.

"Ahhhhhh!!!" I screamed in fear, as I looked down I saw a fatally wounded Brooklynn clutching Aoi's lifeless body. "You can run from him Yasmina but you can't hide. He always knows where you are and he will always find you. Nothing can stop him, not even Maurice, not even friends, and not even Me." She says as she stares at my eyes, tears of blood flows down her face. "He lost himself.... All those transformations.... All those personalities.... That made him sick..... Why didn't we noticed it.... Why didn't I notice it! Why!" She screams to herself as she kept repeating until her voice slowly soften and her grip from my leg is released, she finally passed away.