S4: EP 1 - Beneath The Surface, Chaos Blooms

____________________________________________________________________

3rd Person Pov.

Open skies, calm seas and the island at their backs. Nothing could make this feeling of freedom for our dear campers. "Am I dreaming or are we really off the island?" Sammy says happily as she walks up to the front deck. They, par (Y/N) and Brooklynn, (Y/N) on the helms while Brooklynn was in the cabins fixing something, they are all sitting around the table as berries and fruit are rationed out. If those ran out (Y/N) assured he'll begin diving for fishers and other delicacies of the sea. Maurice was lounging on the seat with his feet propped up. He chuckled at his girlfriend's statement.

"If this is a dream then waking up is going to suck, Sam." He quipped making Sammy smirk. "And also, I imagine that we would have a change of clothes." Yaz says sarcastically as she gestures to everyone's clothes.

"What are you talking about? These are our signature looks." Brooklynn says proudly walking out the cabins. They all laugh at her, Maurice looks up to see (Y/N) leaning on the rail, smiling as the wind blows gently at his face. Brooklynn also follows his gaze and saw her boyfriend really relaxed, she smiled and walked towards the ladder. Yaz sits beside Darius who was looking at a mirror and touching his face.

Sammy plopped down beside Maurice and rested her head in the crook of his arm, also hoisting her feet up in the air.

"Comfortable love?" He asked jokingly. Her eyes opened and stared into his. "Very." She says, as she rolls on his lap. Brooklynn and (Y/N) came down to the deck holding hands, and everyone noticed Brooklynn gained height as her head almost reached (Y/N)'s shoulder.

Everyone shrugged thinking she had a growth spurt overnight before resuming what they were doing, "And now for the main course." Ben says as he holds a plate above his head. Sammy sits up as everyone leans forward for anticipation.

"The plumpest and the juiciest.... Nublar Grubs!" He says as he lowers the plate... A plate full of different grubs. Everyone groaned is disgust except for Ox, Alpha, Pinky, and Aoi. "Ewwww..." Sammy say, as she moves her head away from the plate.

"Ugh." Yas says, as she placed her hand over her mouth to stop her from throwing up. Ben picks up a grub.

"Thank you for your sacrifice." He says dramatically as he devoured it. Everyone just shuddered except for the four. They began reaching out for the grub.

"Pure protein!" (Y/N) exclaimed out of nowhere.

"Do you all have to do that here?" Yasmina asked, as Darius tries not to puke. He's still not used to eating exotic foods.

"Well yeah, where else could we eat?" (Y/N) replied sarcastically, as he grabbed another and bit it in half, frying the rest with electricity before eating it. Ben offers Sammy a grub, she looks disgusted, she looked to Maurice for help but he just smiled supportingly before also grabbing a grub. She swallows her nerves, "Well I can at least I can keep an open mind." She says as she picks up the grub. They all watch with excited and nervous expressions. She gets the grub to her mouth and whimpers, glancing at Maurice and at the grub again.

"Do it." Ben says with a sinister tone. Sammy shoved it in her mouth, she shuddered at the texture when she bit on it. Maurice also ate his and waited for Sammy to swallow the grub.

"Ughhhhh.... It's a little bit of getting used to but other than that, it's alrigh'" Sammy said as the rest clapped, while the other two shuddered thinking of eating grub.

"Well, good to know that y'all are eating anything if meat is scarce." Ben says as he quickly grabs another grub before (Y/N) finishes it all in one go.